Author Topic: wm.bmwebm.org URL:blacklist  (Read 1175 times)

Offline namecheryl

wm.bmwebm.org URL:blacklist
« on: April 01, 2022, 11:21:28 AM »
For the past several weeks every time I go to  https://premieredate.news/  I get:
"Threat secured
We have safely aborted connection on wm.bmwebm.org because it is infected with URL:BlackList
We can also protect you from other types of threats
Upgrade you protection "
Then you want me to pay for the added protection.  I contacted premieredate.news and they said they were not the problem.  It has also been suggested to me that Avast is using scare tactics to get people to upgrade and pay for service.  I don't know if that's true but if it is, shame on you.  Could you tell me if this is a false positive?  I rely on this website to keep up with TV shows but it is starting to make me nervous to keep using it.  Am I being harmed by continuing to use the site?  I get this on both Chrome and Firefox.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline namecheryl

Re: wm.bmwebm.org URL:blacklist
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 10:44:05 AM »
I took me forever but I finally found a way to contact AVAST online.  The site was about false positives but I explained to them that I wasn't sure if it was actually a false positive and that I was just trying to find out more information on whether I needed to do anything about this.  The very next morning I received this reply...................

Thank you for reporting this false positive.

We have now cleared its reputation in our database based on the findings and removed the detection. This change may take up to 24 hours to take full effect. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused.

If the detection persists after 24 hours, update the virus database in Avast anti-virus and reply to this email with the attached files:
1.Take a screenshot of the Avast detection dialog (Threat Secured pop-up with See details - displayed at the bottom).
2.Take a screenshot of the Avast virus database (open Avast Antivirus and go to Menu > About).
We hope you have a nice day and stay safe online.