Author Topic: Where is Log for single file scan?  (Read 3826 times)

Shark

Where is Log for single file scan?
« on: December 07, 2007, 12:51:44 PM »
Hi,

With a right-click on a suspicious file Avast will scan it for viruses. A windows will show it's progress but when it's finished it just closes and doesn't show the result. Where is the log for this scan?

tks

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Where is Log for single file scan?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 01:40:24 PM »
There isn't any.
Check the option "Show results of Explorer Extension" on the first page of program settings. By default, the right-click scanner shows something only when an infected file is detected.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 01:43:28 PM »
Right click the 'a' blue icon.
Choose Program properties.
Common tab.
Show results for Explorer extension.

Oopss... Igor posted before...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
With a right-click on a suspicious file Avast will scan it for viruses. A windows will show it's progress but when it's finished it just closes and doesn't show the result. Where is the log for this scan?

That is the whole point of the avast quick scan (ashQuick.exe), it does a quick scan, if it is clean the window closes and allows you to get on with your work. If it is infected all hell breaks loose and you will know as there is a visual and audible alert.

You can of course enable the"Show results of Explorer Extension" as mentioned, but when the scan finishes you then have to close the window manually so not so quick.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Shark

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 04:32:03 PM »
Ok, thanks for all the responses. Sounds very reasonable.

May I suggest that this entry be logged in the Log Viewer (even if there is no Window popup)? And I would also suggest that the boot-time scan be placed in the same place. It makes reviewing easier and comprehensive. I don't always remember all the files I've checked...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 06:27:13 PM »
And I would also suggest that the boot-time scan be placed in the same place.
Default path for this report:
Avast4\DATA\report\aswBoot.txt
The best things in life are free.