Author Topic: Avast Premier is Blocking VALORANT's Network Connection  (Read 1467 times)

Offline jd-007

Avast Premier is Blocking VALORANT's Network Connection
« on: April 14, 2022, 06:56:33 PM »
Hey there,

I've run into the issue where VALORANT will experience a network connection error if AVAST Premier / Free is installed on the computer. The only solution is to remove the antivirus completely but I am unwilling to cancel my subscription for a game. The technical support team from VALORANT suggested AVAST to be uninstalled, but I'm looking for a workaround. Adjusting network rules and application rules do not seem to work, so I need a solution.

Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Premier is Blocking VALORANT's Network Connection
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 08:00:16 PM »
Not much information to work with:

A full error message message might help or if an alert the alert window (with the more details option open).

That said I believe I have seen something in the forums and that related to a games anti-cheat (and one blocking the other), but I can't recall if that was network related or conflict only. 

However, since you mention network rules, is your firewall set to Private, Trusted network

Obviously Valorant would suggest uninstalling Avast rather than have to investigate the cause of the conflict. 
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security