Author Topic: How can I extract quarantine report or a scan report to a text file in Avast One  (Read 3379 times)

Offline BarryPP

Pretty much the title is my question. I can see the report within avast one, but I also want to export the quarantine report and scan report to a text file as well. How can I do this? Thanks.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

A quarantine report is not available, but you can locate the scan report in this location: C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report

Offline BarryPP

Hi,

A quarantine report is not available, but you can locate the scan report in this location: C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report

I use a Mac computer/laptop. How do I access the scan and quarantine report on Mac?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
I use a Mac computer/laptop. How do I access the scan and quarantine report on Mac?
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=127.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline noel2

I don't understand why the scan result is NOT in the report folder.

I executed the Target Scan, and it reported 8 threats. And Avast One displays the result as a pop-up. The pop-up appears only when the mouse hovered on one line. I slid the mouse 8 times and took screen shots 8 times. 8 is not a large number, but I hope the list as a text file. I couldn't find any relevant text file in the C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Avast\report\ folder (I'm using Windows PC).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
First I don't use Avast One, but in the Avast Antivirus for Windows, the report file/s aren't generated by default.  It has to be activated in the Scans settings.

I don't know if this option is in Avast One, given what r@vast said in Reply #1
However this attached screenshot shows it is in the scan settings for Avast Antivirus for windows.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline noel2

(This is not a reply to the original question, but a comment about a scan report.)

I recommend Avast One adding reports about encrypted files.

I did a Boot-Time Scan, and get notifications about corrupted archives. They are not threats. Maybe those archives were corrupted when copied in the past. I think this report is helpful. By the way, before this Boot-Time Scan, I did Smart Scan, Detailed Scan, and Targeted Scan, and received no notification about corrupted files. It's OK because corruption report is not crucial.

But, I have some password-protected archives at the same place. And Avast One have not warned about those even in the Boot-Time Scan. I think it is helpful or crucial to report about files that cannot be scanned because password-protected, or access-denied, or something.