Author Topic: No longer scanning Email  (Read 3028 times)

pops

No longer scanning Email
« on: March 10, 2004, 04:28:24 AM »
I installed Avast Home Edition 4.1.357 and it was working perfectly.  I recently tested a spam blocking program that installed itself as a proxy between my mail service and Outlook Express.  I have subsequently uninstalled this spam blocker and reset my mail server settings in Outlook Express so that they do NOT use the proxy - I'm getting mail fine.  However, Avast is no longer catching the many mail worms coming into my mailbox.  What do I have to do to make it scan mail again?  Tried doing a 'change' through Add/remove programs - do different. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 04:34:51 AM by pops »

Datagg

Re:No longer scanning Email
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 04:39:06 AM »
Make sure your email program is back to your original isp settings. Shut down mail program, then go to start, then to the avast program, then to mail protection wizard. Follow the instructions from there. Restart comp and then you should be all set back up......

Good Luck
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 04:39:45 AM by Datagg »

pops

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 04:51:23 AM »
That worked - thanks!  One more question - is there any way to set Avast to automatically delete infected files (email attachments) rather than having to acknowledge the file deletion?

Datagg

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 05:08:37 AM »
I dont believe there is, at least with the home version. And if there was, I still wouldnt want auto delete. Why, because then you wouldnt be able too see the details on the suspected virus, and or beable to decide for yourself what to do with it once it is found.  Once a virus is found there are many options to choose from. Perhaps you havent seen this yet. Test your program here http://pages.prodigy.net/seims/antivirustest.htm
and see the option that are at your disposal.

Glad you got email working again.... ;D

Culpeper

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 05:16:34 AM »
Good job!