Author Topic: Can I reverse a sync between 2 Windows machines?  (Read 1728 times)

Offline rdy2dig

Can I reverse a sync between 2 Windows machines?
« on: April 26, 2022, 10:40:53 AM »
I didn't think through the sync process before initializing it between my windows 7 desktop and windows 8.1 laptop (didn't realize that the 1st machine I logged into my Avast account with would be the "master" and its attributes would transfer to the 2nd machine I logged into my Avast account with). Should have done it the exact opposite so now am wondering is there a way to undo the sync from machine 1 to machine 2? The bookmarks and such from machine 1 are old and are now machine 2's bookmarks, when I actually needed machine 2's bookmarks transferred to machine 1 (and assumed a dialogue confirmation box would interface the transition but, no). So, to prevent any further SNAFU steps forward on my part, am reaching out for suggestions on how to proceed.  :-[ Thanks to those who care to toss in their 2 cents worth!  ;D

Offline Elena Cismaru

• Avast Browser QA Team
  • Avast Browser QA Team
Re: Can I reverse a sync between 2 Windows machines?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 12:21:47 PM »
Hello,

Please find below some tips that might help here.
1.save bookmarks on each device (to be sure)
2.Reset Sync on machine 1 - secure://settings/resetSync
3.clean browser on machine 1 - delete bookmarks and everything
4.Turn on sync on machine 2 and then log in to machine 1

Our Sync is not real-time sync so if you are looking for immediate transfer on all bookmarks together,  you will have to sing out and in again.
Avast Browser QA Team