Author Topic: New Beta version 22.2.12024  (Read 9735 times)

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
New Beta version 22.2.12024
« on: May 06, 2022, 04:25:06 PM »
Hello everyone,

We have released another Beta version of Avast Cleanup product (22.2.12024)!

What's new in Avast Cleanup product?
  • Redesigned sections — Two of your sections have a fresh new look: Speed up and Free up space. Now they’re easier to navigate and give you direct access to the cleaning features you need.
  • Unnecessary programs — Now you can specify when programs should be considered unnecessary (based on how long it's been since you used them). Once marked unnecessary, we'll move programs to your trash automatically.
  • Improved help content with Support articles —  If you're looking for help, now you'll be redirected to Avast's Support articles in your default browser. Our Support articles are regularly updated and more helpful than the info we had before (but hopefully, you won’t need it anyway).
  • Regular fixes — We made some under-the-hood improvements and fixed some bugs to keep Avast Cleanup working smoothly.

How can you help?
  • If you already have a Beta version installed you should get an update automatically (update checks for a new version every 12 hours) if you don't have it yet proceed with the next step to install it.
  • If you don't want to wait for the automatic update you can navigate into Settings - Update Cleanup section and click on Update now button.
  • Download the Beta version: https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-tu/beta/avast_cleanup_online_setup.exe.
  • Execute the installation package and go through the wizard to install the product.
  • The product shall guide you or you can freely navigate through it and try it on your own to see how it works.
  • Please try as much features as you can to see how they work and check whether there are any bugs or unexpected behavior.
  • If you find any bugs during testing, please create a new thread in this forum section.
  • Please provide us also with feedback about what you like most and what you would change.
  • Since we aim to deliver the best Cleanup product - would you add anything to Cleanup that is missing? Do not hesitate to share your feedback!

Known issues
  • Nothing we would know about :).

Thank you & enjoy the beta testing!
AVAST Team.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 02:18:35 PM by Stellarman »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: New Beta version 22.2.11854
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 04:48:37 PM »
Thanks, spreading the news & testing it asap....
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 04:55:12 PM »

As always, thank you Asyn for your help and dedication, we really appreciate it!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 05:41:45 PM »
As always, thank you Asyn for your help and dedication, we really appreciate it!
No problem. :) 8)

Btw, I tried to update manually, but ACP claims it's up to date. I'll try again on Monday... ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 06:38:18 PM »
No problem. :) 8)

Btw, I tried to update manually, but ACP claims it's up to date. I'll try again on Monday... ;)

That's quite strange as I just updated my Cleanup about an hour ago using the same update function in the settings I recommended in the original post.
Please give it another try on Monday and let me know in case it won't work.
Thank you!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 04:16:50 PM »
That's quite strange as I just updated my Cleanup about an hour ago using the same update function in the settings I recommended in the original post.
Please give it another try on Monday and let me know in case it won't work.
Thank you!
Hi, I managed to update today, testing now...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 05:20:10 PM »
Improved help content with Support articles —  If you're looking for help, now you'll be redirected to Avast's Support articles in your default browser. Our Support articles are regularly updated and more helpful than the info we had before (but hopefully, you won’t need it anyway).
FYI, it doesn't work here (German). Instead of redirecting/opening the browser, it tries to display in ACP and says I'm offline.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 09:38:49 AM »
Improved help content with Support articles —  If you're looking for help, now you'll be redirected to Avast's Support articles in your default browser. Our Support articles are regularly updated and more helpful than the info we had before (but hopefully, you won’t need it anyway).
FYI, it doesn't work here (German). Instead of redirecting/opening the browser, it tries to display in ACP and says I'm offline.

Thank you for the report, you're right, I just tested it and it does not work even in English, we will definitely take a look at it and fix that to the public release.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 01:21:59 PM »
Thank you for the report, you're right, I just tested it and it does not work even in English, we will definitely take a look at it and fix that to the public release.
Fixed now. Cheers