Author Topic: New version 22.4.6011 runs constantly, cursor shows busy-blink-normal-repeat  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Mike Exinger

Ever since loading the new version 22.4.6011 (build 22.4.7175.722) I've noticed that the program runs A LOT MORE than it used to, and the cursor will show "busy/normal/busy/normal" blinking like that every second (or more rapidly sometimes).  Obviously Avast is doing something, checking files or...something, but I can't figure it out.

I have the free Avast and no other programs, and yeah, pretty sure it's Avast because I have an identical laptop for the spouse and it does NOT have the new version and it does NOT have this issue. 

Anyone else have this problem?  Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix?

Yes, I checked for viruses, ran the repair program and uninstalled/reinstalled the program.  No diff.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

After you uninstalled version 22.4, you did not notice this issue, but when you reinstalled it, this issue came back?
If so, perhaps you can submit a performance recoding https://support.avast.com/article/Antivirus-Performance-recording-FAQ/

Offline Mike Exinger

That is correct.  However...after about 4 hours yesterday, the problem "went away."  It was as if whatever the programs were doing, they completed their tasks.  Today the computer has been on for 2.5 hours and it has not happened.  So...I really don't know what was going on.  But it is no longer going on.

Offline Mike Exinger

And...it's back.  Just started up again (roughly 8 hours since I turned it on).  Crazy. :-\

Offline hansi.k.linderoth

Running free version on Win10 and after an auto update the mouse cursor is constantly showing "busy" - and I mean constantly, without letup. The only way I've managed to be rid of this problem is to put Avast in "Silent Mode" - that made the app settle down and quiet. I've seen several topics about this 'mouse cursor busy'-thing so I figured I'd post this since perhaps it could give a clue as to how/where Avast devs could delve into this problem and solve it?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster

Offline kamioeino

Same issue on my PC with the Free Antivirus(22.4.6011), mouse keeps busy blinking...
Tried to switch to Silent mode to avoid the problem, but it automatically switches back serveral minutes later...

Please fix it.

Offline lacrimadiaboli

I also have the same issue with my free Avast version 22.4.6011 (Build 22.4.7175.722) on Win10.
The problem disappears, when in SilentMode, but SilentMode is not always an option.

Please fix it.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Same issue on my PC with the Free Antivirus(22.4.6011), mouse keeps busy blinking...
Tried to switch to Silent mode to avoid the problem, but it automatically switches back serveral minutes later...

Please fix it.

Hi,

Please provide a support file ID, https://support.avast.com/article/Submit-support-file

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
I also have the same issue with my free Avast version 22.4.6011 (Build 22.4.7175.722) on Win10.
The problem disappears, when in SilentMode, but SilentMode is not always an option.

Please fix it.

Hi,

Please provide a support file ID, https://support.avast.com/article/Submit-support-file

Offline PDI

• Avast team
Hi,

can you share the W10 versions where you are seeing the issue?

Thanks,
PDI

Offline hansi.k.linderoth

I'm on Win 10 Pro - Version 10.0.19044 - Build 19044.
Win Update claims I'm "Up to date".

Offline lacrimadiaboli

Same for me:
Windows 10 Pro (21H2) Build 19044.1706 and also "up to date".

Regarding the support file id: on the linked page stands "for Avast Premium Security" and you also have to enter a ticket number.
As I have already written, I only have Avast Free Antivirus and I don't have a ticket number?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Regarding the support file id: on the linked page stands "for Avast Premium Security" and you also have to enter a ticket number.
As I have already written, I only have Avast Free Antivirus and I don't have a ticket number?
1. Download and run the support tool. (https://s-install.avcdn.net/support-tool/avast/avastsupport.exe)
2. Post your File-ID here afterwards, so the devs can find/check it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Mike Exinger

I'm the guy who started this post, and since the original post and a repeat occurrence a day later, this problem has not occurred since.  I did submit my support file ID, but have not heard back.

My thought - perhaps the new version ran a loooooonnnnng time because it was reviewing every file on the computer again for some reason?  I don't have anything but the free virus Avast on this machine, so it's not the "cleanup" program.  It's had to be something that did it's thing once or twice, then stopped.  But what?

Glad to see others also having the same issue. :P