Author Topic: Avast One disappears from taskbar  (Read 1265 times)

Offline bogarbogar

Avast One disappears from taskbar
« on: May 10, 2022, 07:25:31 PM »
I am very frustrated by Avast One NOT ONLY KEEPS DISAPPEARING FROM MY TASKBAR(so I don't see if I am protected or not),but when I go to Smart Scan,it says last done NEVER,which of course is not true.
So I have to get to REPAIR but the icon is still missing from the properties as well as from the task bar even after Repair is completed.What can I do about this very annoying and returning problem????
Please help if possible.Thanks!!!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast One disappears from taskbar
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 08:15:06 AM »
Hi,

If you go to Account > Settings > General > Notifications; do you have "Show Avast One icon in my system tray" selected?
What is your current Program version (Account > About & Feedback )
Please reinstall Avast One (https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Uninstall-One/ ; https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Install-One/)

Offline bogarbogar

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 05:07:57 PM »
First thank you very much for taking the trpuble to answer this.
I do have in the Settings,and always had it marked that Avast should be on the system tray.By the way,this has happened before and unfortunately NOT VERY LONG AGO.
I did and will now again uninstall Avast One and will re-install it.\I have done it before when this happened and it is not a pleasant job,my lap top is old,and I work with Win 7,so it is slow,and it is tiresome.And if it keeps happening it may force me to try other free antivirus,which I reall wouldn't like to do.I had been using Avast free and at times paid versions for many years,a well as the safe browser!
Thankl you again for your kindness!!!!

Offline bogarbogar

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 06:14:38 PM »
Following your instructions I just uninstalled and re-installed Avast One and the icon is right there where it is supposed to be so that I can always check that "you are protectedd".
The questions remains,since I had to do this not so long ago,how often do I have to keep doing this and WHY???FFor all the years I was using Avast,this was never a problem,until fairly recently.Maybe this should be looked into by Avast?
Thank you again,you were a great help and O am very much obliged!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 09:09:47 AM »
Following your instructions I just uninstalled and re-installed Avast One and the icon is right there where it is supposed to be so that I can always check that "you are protectedd".
The questions remains,since I had to do this not so long ago,how often do I have to keep doing this and WHY???FFor all the years I was using Avast,this was never a problem,until fairly recently.Maybe this should be looked into by Avast?
Thank you again,you were a great help and O am very much obliged!

Hi,
Thank you for the update.
If it happens again, please report it here and provide a support file ID and our devs can look into it.
Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/article/Submit-support-file