Author Topic: Avast Premium Security shows ads  (Read 863 times)

Offline sid1996

Avast Premium Security shows ads
« on: November 02, 2023, 04:02:06 PM »
It seems Avast Premium Security (version 23.10.8563.801) shows ads despite being a paid subscription and everything (including offers) are unchecked under Settings > General > Personal Privacy. The ads were for Avast Driver Update. Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the reasons for a paid subscription is to be shielded from ads. Please improve, or let us know if this is by design so that we can start looking for a different vendor.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Premium Security shows ads
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 10:38:10 AM »
hi,
I just experienced the same thing this morning when I started up my W7 computer...(no message on another W10 computer).

I hope it's a bug (or a display that won't come back in the future) because I find it quite annoying when avast premium has been configured not to propose offers from other products.

Online prokopes_

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 06:10:17 PM »
Hi, can you please send us a screenshot showing the ad?

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 08:45:46 PM »
Hi,
if it happens again I'll send you the capture.

However, I don't see the point of showing you this screenshot because it's the official avast UI that opens as it does when we accept offers in the privacy settings.

the 1st screen offers us 3 choices (3 rates): 1 year , 2 years (suggested) and 3 years.

If we close this screen, for insist there's a 2nd screen offering 60 days free with the "time" slider at the bottom.

If we close this screen, we return to the avast homescreen with "this computer is protected" and "launch smart scan".