Author Topic: Please help LATEST VERSION Of AVAST is broken in Windows 10 version 1607  (Read 2250 times)

Offline kikosuper

so basically this avast ransomware shield and behaviour shield are blocking me from accessing my files every time I try to click on one of my files it says I don't have permission when I try to access my local disk it says only system administrator can access this and eventually the windows becomes unresponsive and everything stops working the only way to fix this is to go to safe mode and uncheck avast ransomware shield and behaviour shield i know this cause i decide to uncheck every single avast box until I found out which one was the one causing my PC to become unresponsive it turns out it was avast ransomware shield and behaviour shield. so I decided to install the latest version of Windows 10 21h2 and everything works fine in that version but when i install avast in Windows 10 version 1607 the minute the avast installer gets to 100% and everything finishes the windows becomes unresponsive after that I decided to install an older version of avast 20.4 and everything works fine until i decide to update to latest version of avast and then everything becomes unresponsive and i can't access any of my files I have formatted my drivers three times I reinstalled Windows three times please help

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

To clarify, with  Ransomware Shield and Behaviour Shield enabled in 22.4 (on Windows 10 version 1607 and not Windows 10 21h2), you receive this message when you try to access your files/folders and Windows 10 becomes unresponsive.
However, with it disabled you not have these issues?
Please provide a support file ID? See this guide: https://support.avast.com/article/Submit-support-file
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 08:53:09 AM by r@vast »

Offline kikosuper

Hi,

To clarify, with  Ransomware Shield and Behaviour Shield enabled in 22.4 (on Windows 10 version 1607 and not Windows 10 21h2), you receive this message when you try to access your files/folders and Windows 10 becomes unresponsive.
However, with it disabled you not have these issues?
Please provide a support file ID? See this guide: https://support.avast.com/article/Submit-support-file

yes correct the minute you enable Ransomware shield and behaviour shield and then reset pc on window 10 1607 then try to click on recycle bin you will get that message everything else on windows doesn't work when you try to click on anything else in windows nothing works  the only thing you click is the windows icon eventually the PC will become and unresponsive and the screen will go black with message saying windows has become unresponsive the only thing you can do is hard shut down the pc go to safe mode disable Ransomware shield and behaviour shield reset the pc and everything will work fine and also sir should i use old avast version 20.4 or the latest without Ransomware shield and behaviour shield which is safer please respond
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 10:03:42 AM by kikosuper »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

Neither is ideal.
Could you please do the following:
1. Please install version 22.4.
2. In Avast Premium Security, go to Menu> Settings > General> Troubleshooting >  Logs (at the bottom) > Enable debug logging
3. Reproduce the issue
4. Generate Logs and post the file id here : (Support tool guide:https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file)
You can disable debug logging after the file has been generated.
5. Temporarily disable only Ransomware Shield

Offline kikosuper

Hi,

Neither is ideal.
Could you please do the following:
1. Please install version 22.4.
2. In Avast Premium Security, go to Menu> Settings > General> Troubleshooting >  Logs (at the bottom) > Enable debug logging
3. Reproduce the issue
4. Generate Logs and post the file id here : (Support tool guide:https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file)
You can disable debug logging after the file has been generated.
5. Temporarily disable only Ransomware Shield

where are the generated files located sir and also this is what I got when I tried to disable Ransomware Shield i get this message immediately after the installer reaches 100% and finishes installing avast i can't touch anything on settings i keep getting that message eveytime i try to touch anything on  settings and eventually my PC becomes unresponsive and I have to hard shutdown the PC and also its not just Ransomware Shield its  behaviour shield too when behaviour shield is enabled and ransomware shield disabled it will still block my files and my pc becomes unresponsive
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 03:41:34 PM by kikosuper »

Offline PDI

• Avast team
Hi kikosuper,

we're able to reproduce it on our machines. Sorry for inconveniences.

We'll release an uUpdate once we have the fix.

Pls use any older version for now.

Regards,
PDI

Offline kikosuper

Hi kikosuper,

we're able to reproduce it on our machines. Sorry for inconveniences.

We'll release an uUpdate once we have the fix.

Pls use any older version for now.

Regards,
PDI
thank you and also by the way  AVG antivirus also has has the same issue on window 1607

Offline PDI

• Avast team
Yes, the problem is caused by the same issue.

Regards,
PDI

Offline PDI

• Avast team
Hi kikosuper,

the update was released.

Can you please try to install the latest 22.4 and let us know if the system works as expected?

Thanks a lot,
PDI

Offline kikosuper

Hi kikosuper,

the update was released.

Can you please try to install the latest 22.4 and let us know if the system works as expected?

Thanks a lot,
PDI

yes it works thank you  :)

Offline PDI

• Avast team
We are glad to hear that.

Thanks for the patience,
PDI