Author Topic: Quick question from a new user  (Read 1096 times)

Offline iBearXST

Quick question from a new user
« on: May 12, 2022, 10:04:51 PM »
Hello all!

Firstly, I didn't post this in the Avast One forum as the sub-heading suggested it was for ideas/feedback, so apologies if this is in the wrong place.
With that out of the way, I subscribed to Avast One a few days ago having previously used (and ditched - for various reasons) Bitdefender and ESET.

So far, so good.
I turned on silent mode pretty quickly as I'm not interested in the PC Optimization/driver updater side of things, just the AV/Firewall really, but left the setting for detection dialogues to show on silent - thinking this way, I won't get any more popups I'm not wanting to see, but if there is any detection, I will know about it.

I use Outlook, and unfortunately, due to having my email address since around 2005, receive many spam/phishing emails when Outlook does its Send/Receive. I am getting detection dialogues several times per day for phishing emails, something I can spot anyway.
What I want to achieve is to still have the email guardian running, but not get disturbed by phishing emails being detected, however still be alerted to any other virus/malware. As a workaround for now, I have set the silent mode to "complete" to stop all warnings.

It is possible to just suppress the phishing detection alert?

Thank you in advance.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Quick question from a new user
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 02:13:15 PM »
Hi,

It is not possible.