Author Topic: Avast AV 4.7  (Read 2644 times)

Sinema

Avast AV 4.7
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:25:50 AM »
I could not find a way to post this in the thread that was speaking of 4.7 so I'll post it here

I'm having the worst problems with avast 4.7.

Every day a few times a day I get a red box that shows up in the corner with text about a problem.  I click the box and nothing happens.  I then noticed that my Windows Security Alerts is now present in the taskbar and I click on that and it says my avast is in need of updating.  I try to update it by clicking the "update" selection on the menu of avast and also by visiting the official site and trying to update it that way as well.

When I try to update via the .exe file I get this error

"Can't install VPS update, Please, report the following errorcodes:
Ver: 4.7.1043
SI: 0x00000002
ST:0x00000002
LE:0x00000000

I figured I'd just uninstall the program and reinstall it and see what happens.

When I go into Windows Remove Program and try to uninstill I get this error

avast!
A setiface error has occurred: 2
Try to reinstall or contact support, please.

------------

I'm using Windows Vista Home Edition .. I'm on a Laptop.. avast worked for the first week I installed it but now it's getting all types of errors.

thanks for any replies.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast AV 4.7
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 05:30:14 PM »
Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Since you also have a problem with uninstall, it is possible that your installation is somehow corrupt.

Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.
If that doesn't work try, uninstall (see below), reboot, install, reboot.

Because of the uninstall problem you experienced, download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD. Now uninstall if that fails again use the uninstall utility, reboot install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast AV 4.7
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 09:12:01 PM »
Do you use a firewall? Which one?
You can try an installation from the scratch:

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Use Avast Uninstall for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the last version.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.

Does the error (red panel) appear just after login or at any time?
The best things in life are free.