Author Topic: Updating issues  (Read 2307 times)

ShaRose

Updating issues
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:28:52 AM »
I have been using avast for a while, but lately The updater had failed. Today I took an actual attempt at fixing it, and found (through ashupd.exe, the gui would not show up at all) that the updater had "Updater failed with error code 0x426 - 0x2". I looked around and found that this is usually found with port issues, or a router issue. But the strange thing is, I also have avast on another computer, networked through the same router, but the updating there works just fine. So it isn't a router issue. But it shouldn't be a local issue, as avast has worked for such a long time before. The only thing that has changed is my IP at one point, but it still updates on the other computer. I even tried disabling windows firewall to test, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Updating issues
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 09:31:01 PM »
Please, post the last 100-150 lines of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log

Which version of avast are you using? Home, Pro or Trial? When did you install avast first time?
The best things in life are free.

ShaRose

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 11:24:24 PM »

Avast home, and I've had avast installed for a long time. I found the possible date as Thursday, April 13, 2006 Through a file creation date on C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashAvast.exe), And the license key is due to never expire, but updates expire on "Monday, December 01, 2008 12:00:00 AM".

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 11:34:34 PM »
The avast free update registration lasts 14 months at that point (update expiration in about avast as you found), you need to reregister see below.

Complete the avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key.

Insert Registration Key - Video
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 02:44:41 AM »
If those are the most recent lines of your setup log then then please check your system date and time for correctness.

Those log lines say the system date is 25 November 2007.