Author Topic: Waiting for cache  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Anthony Jerome

Waiting for cache
« on: May 22, 2022, 12:58:59 AM »
I have had to turn off Windows 10's cache writing to stop most of the waiting for cache slow downs, but I am still getting them excessively. It, unfortunately, affects my video/stream watching to the point I am forced to reload the page every few minutes. Each time, in the bottom left of the screen, I see "waiting for cache" message popped up. Sometimes it stays for a few seconds, and other times it is there for minutes.

I have searched the forum and have found nothing regarding this nor have I found this issue in the help FAQ. It took me over a week to finally narrow down the main culprit and as I use videos for research, having to restart the video site is unacceptable. I had originally mistaken Avast Secure Browser as the issue until after a couple of hours in Chrome, it started again. When I cleared its cache, it did not go away.

As Avast is my go-to company for security, I am hoping someone somewhere will help me resolve this annoying problem. And no, I am not changing OS's at this time as much as I want to. And please, if you post a link to another thread, make sure the thread is relative.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Waiting for cache
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 01:16:13 AM »
Have you changed the debug logging settings ?
Avast UI > Menu > Settings > Troubleshooting > Logs.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Anthony Jerome

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »
It shows as your pic does but I do not see how that affects the browser.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »
Avast would be monitoring and scanning all activity, browsers visiting sites and activity on your system. 

Quote from: Anthony Jerome
I had originally mistaken Avast Secure Browser as the issue until after a couple of hours in Chrome, it started again. When I cleared its cache, it did not go away.

So I didn't think it was only browser related, which is why I suggested checking the debug logging settings.
Unfortunately I don't use Chrome or the Avast Secure Browser (a chromium based secure browser).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security