Author Topic: Removing "Defined network" entries from Firewall in Policies  (Read 4518 times)

Offline mschedler1

Removing "Defined network" entries from Firewall in Policies
« on: August 05, 2022, 06:23:55 PM »
I'm in the midst of changing out all of our Gateway hardware, and some new entries were added to the Policies in the Management Console. I see no way to actually remove the old entries for the retired hardware. I can change their names, mac addresses and/or profile, but no remove/delete?

I have the latest On-Premise Business Management Console version (7.29.998).

Am I missing something terribly obvious?

Oh, I forgot to mention... it is actually kind of a big deal because I just spent three hours trying to get my workstation to stop using the old "retired" profile. My workstation was ignoring all connections from the network... I couldn't even ping it... but it was online and able to access the network/internet. In the end, disabling Avast Core Shields and Avast's Firewall before rebooting, seems to have finally fixed it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 06:55:56 PM by mschedler1 »

Offline Stephen D

• Avast team
Re: Removing "Defined network" entries from Firewall in Policies
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 06:25:10 PM »
Currently there is no way to remove those entries from the policy itself. The entries would need to be edited and changed

Offline mschedler1

Re: Removing "Defined network" entries from Firewall in Policies
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 08:19:58 PM »
Since I don't actually have another network to change it to, that's going to just leave it out there for who knows how long.

A bit of an oversight I'd say... add, but no delete... hmmm. :-\