Author Topic: Problem with avast home Instant Messaging module  (Read 2599 times)

thommy18

Problem with avast home Instant Messaging module
« on: December 08, 2007, 04:52:50 PM »
I need to use Instant Messanging module but it don't work properly cause I've a problem with start avast when I've installed Instant Massanging module. Icon of avst in system tray appear with red mark and avast not launch. This problem is still from any privious version of avast. Actually I have Home version of avast (4.7.1098). How Can I fix that problem, othervise I wish to solve this problem in other feature version of avast antivirus home edition

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Problem with avast home Instant Messaging module
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 06:43:49 PM »
Do you mean that if you install IM provider it just 'disable' avast protection, i.e., it IS the problem, without it avast works?
Which IM program are you using?
Which is your operational system, firewall, other security programs?
Any old antivirus installed in this machine before avast?
The best things in life are free.

thommy18

Re: Problem with avast home Instant Messaging module
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:34:49 PM »
If i've installed Instant Messanging module I've that problem and I don't install this module I haven't any problem. Now I have avast pro with Lan & web protection filter and all working properly. When I want add Instant Messanging filter avast appear by icon with red mark and avast system don't start. I haven't any other protection software (firewall etc.) and avast is alone in my operating system.