Author Topic: Avast one - optomisation  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Fiona5

Avast one - optomisation
« on: May 05, 2022, 10:59:21 AM »
Hi I optimised my computer using Avast One and now my video crashes when i run games, I cant run any games I tried to undo the process but didnt fix it.  Any ideas, I am not very computer savvy, so it needs to be explained to me in baby steps.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast one - optomisation
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 05:17:47 PM »
Hi I optimised my computer using Avast One and now my video crashes when i run games, I cant run any games I tried to undo the process but didnt fix it.  Any ideas, I am not very computer savvy, so it needs to be explained to me in baby steps.

Hi,

First of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.
This is not intentional behavior.

From what you wrote as a first remediation step I would recommend you to navigate into c:\Program Files\Avast Software\Cleanup\ folder and double click the pdfix.exe utility which is capable of reverting everything you changed in the PC Speedup feature.

However in order to make sure about what happened on your PC and what was the real root cause I would like to ask you to provide us with logs.
You can do that by navigating into Account - Settings - Troubleshooting - Create a log (see the attached picture).
Please send me the email adress you entered during this process into PM so we can track down your logs.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 05:19:32 PM by Stellarman »