Author Topic: What does this log entry mean? Or how do I turn off the logging for AvastUI.log  (Read 3588 times)

Offline InvisibleMan

2) I'm using 'silent-mode' of Avast constantly. In fact, i never tried to set it to regular-mode to see, if it stops logging all 3 seconds.
Did you already tried this, or, are you using Avast in regular-mode and had the problem nevertheless?
I always use Silent mode, and have no intention to try and use any other mode. Sorry.

Maybe explaining it might show me a way to find the problem on my system.
Just get to your Windows Firewall settings (you can search on google how to do it) and check both incoming and outcoming Rules there.
Search for anything Avast related (with red icons which signify the blocking being enabled). If you find blocked Avast related things, see if it's blocking something for the file named "AvastUI.exe" and disable that Rule in the Firewall.

Offline SILENT-da

Just get to your Windows Firewall settings (you can search on google how to do it) and check both incoming and outcoming Rules there.
Search for anything Avast related (with red icons which signify the blocking being enabled). If you find blocked Avast related things, see if it's blocking something for the file named "AvastUI.exe" and disable that Rule in the Firewall.

Found it! - Yes, (Incoming) Avast is blocked, and this apparently (for whatever reason) by default.
I installed Win and Avast and never made any (firewall-) settings, especially to block Avast.

Alright,
but i will leave it like this, cause "Avast-nagging"/ads is not what i want. :)

Offline InvisibleMan

Quote from: SILENT-da
My Windows is original and i installed it myself from ground up. Noone else had or has access to it.
Is it really licensed? Because if you downloaded it somewhere it could in fact be not fully original, but with slight modifications (if you're lucky, harmless modifications).

It's strange that you had those rules by default. Maybe Firewall automatically blocked those because it thought AvastUI online activity was malicious or something XD

Offline SILENT-da

Is it really licensed?

Yes, it is.

It's strange that you had those rules by default. Maybe Firewall automatically blocked those because it thought AvastUI online activity was malicious or something XD

Well, if Avast in fact is nagging with ads and other stuff (which apparently i never had, because of default-blocking ^^), it's not far-fechted, at some point it might be declared as 'undesirable' by the firewall.