Author Topic: secureline and premium security on iOS  (Read 6047 times)

Offline tripod2go

secureline and premium security on iOS
« on: May 30, 2022, 04:09:08 PM »
Question - Do you need both secureline and premium security on iOS devices?

ie Ultimate suite that include both of the above products.

I had secureline subscription for a year+  but cancel due to the upgrade to ultimate contained,  secureline desktop only?. Now on iOS I'm experiencing an issue activating secureline with the ultimate code?
Support is not providing the answer that works so I wondered if both are needed?
Steve

Offline jensesa

Re: secureline and premium security on iOS
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 01:04:39 AM »
It seems as if only Premium Security is needed on iOS, because the app has some kind of VPN security, but it is not exactly the same as SecureLine VPN. However, if I have both apps installed, I get cotinuous errors in Premium Security. It seems like both apps conflict with each other.

Premium Security allows you to activate the wifi VPN but in a 'all or nothing' manner. This is, either activate the VPN for all networks, or for none. There even is an  'always activate VPN' toggle, which, well, always activates the VPN.
SecureLine VPN, on the other hand, also allows you to set some wifi networks as 'trusted' and only activate the VPN when connecting to unknown or insecure networks. This is a very useful feature that is not present in the 'Premium Security' app.
However, both apps conflict with each other if installed simutaneously.

Some clarifying is needed on Avast's part. Norton, for instance, says that if you are a Norton 360 subscriber you only need the Norton 360 app and not the VPN app. As Avast is part of the Norton family, should we understand that only the Avast Premium Security app for iOS is needed, even if that means losing some features?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 03:54:07 PM »
Dev-Info: The next major version (2.12.0) will have a sole target of rebuilding the entire vpn/networking section. ETA is 3 to 4 weeks.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Al8

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 08:36:53 AM »
I have the same problem. The two apps conflict. Now I disabled the secure line and use only Avast security in my iphone.