Author Topic: Avast One keeps Disabling Startup Routines  (Read 1950 times)

Offline rfrance

Avast One keeps Disabling Startup Routines
« on: May 31, 2022, 09:10:45 PM »
I have a couple of programs that I need to always run and they are listed in the Task Manager Startup. Before AVast One I had no issue and they were set to Enable, but since installing Avast One they are changed to Disable. I can Enable them but the next time I log on they are back to Disabled. The only change on my computer is Avast One. I can find nothing in the settings that allows me to override this, make an exception, etc - but there has got to be a way to set this to ignore these programs in Startup and let them be as I have set them - Enabled. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast One keeps Disabling Startup Routines
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 09:21:07 PM »
First I don't use Avast One.

There isn't much information in your post for those who are using Avast One (or the Avast Team) to work with.

A screenshot of the Task Manager Start up of what these programs are (pre and post startup) might help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline patentor

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 07:11:16 PM »
I have the same issue: I enable startup programs in Settings, Apps, Startup, such as Backblaze backup, APC UPS Powerchute, and TeamViewer.
Upon restart of computer, all are set back to not Starting.   Since there are 3 programs that this is happening to, I would have to assume it is Avast One (Paid Family version).
I have reinstalled Backblaze, and Team Viewer with no avail.
They are not blocked in the Avast Firewall.  Windows 10. I have another Windows 10 machine- they all work fine on startup.

Any suggestions?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 11:10:41 AM »
I have the same issue: I enable startup programs in Settings, Apps, Startup, such as Backblaze backup, APC UPS Powerchute, and TeamViewer.
Upon restart of computer, all are set back to not Starting.   Since there are 3 programs that this is happening to, I would have to assume it is Avast One (Paid Family version).
I have reinstalled Backblaze, and Team Viewer with no avail.
They are not blocked in the Avast Firewall.  Windows 10. I have another Windows 10 machine- they all work fine on startup.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Can you Open Avast One and go to Explore > PC Speedup and see if the apps are in the optimized list?

Offline patentor

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 06:28:35 PM »
Yeah, 2 of the 3 were optimized and did not run on startup. I un- optimized them and now they run on startup.
That fixed it.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 03:42:06 PM »
Yeah, 2 of the 3 were optimized and did not run on startup. I un- optimized them and now they run on startup.
That fixed it.

So all 3 are running on startup or just the 2?