Author Topic: Hide license from program options  (Read 1350 times)

Offline dropporegs

Hide license from program options
« on: June 09, 2022, 12:34:08 AM »
Well my question is pretty simple is there any way to hide  my license from any visible part on the AV program? I'm asking coz I bought a 10 PCs license and don't want my nephew to share it with his friends like I know he's going to... Any Idea on how to do that?
I've tried to set a password form program options wich sone it worked, but the license option is available without password protection anyways

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Hide license from program options
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 12:42:31 AM »
First I don't use Avast Premium, but I don't know if there is a way to do this.
I will try to draw Avast attention to your topic.

However, presumably you are allowing him to use one of the licenses  ?

If not how is he to gain access to your computer to find it  ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline dropporegs

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 02:00:08 AM »
He lives with me most of the time so yes, he will have one of the licenses, but I don't want him to start sharing it with everyone. I haven't install it yet on his PC coz I'm trying to figure this out first...

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 02:19:45 AM »
He lives with me most of the time so yes, he will have one of the licenses, but I don't want him to start sharing it with everyone. I haven't install it yet on his PC coz I'm trying to figure this out first...

Currently as far as I'm aware, if you give him use of one of your licenses, it has to be connected to your Avast Account, or there would be no license available, you can view your avast account and see where licenses are applied/assigned.

I don't know if there is any way to make his installation under a limited user account, and or assign a password on his installation to prevent changes being made.  However, I don't know if that would prevent him viewing the license/registration information.

Which is why I have tried to draw attention to your topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 08:52:25 AM »
Well my question is pretty simple is there any way to hide  my license from any visible part on the AV program? I'm asking coz I bought a 10 PCs license and don't want my nephew to share it with his friends like I know he's going to... Any Idea on how to do that?
I've tried to set a password form program options wich sone it worked, but the license option is available without password protection anyways

Hi,

Your best option would be to prevent him from opening the application.
Menu > Settings > Password > "Require password to open Avast and access settings"

Offline dropporegs

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 05:10:56 PM »
Yeah I did that, but it's annoying if you try to force update, asks for password, if you try to scan an USB drive  asks for password, it's not even an option having to do that all the time

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 05:19:10 PM »
Easy solution, tell your nephew to use Avast Free or to buy his own license. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0