Author Topic: web page opens automatically ?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Lokthar

web page opens automatically ?
« on: June 08, 2022, 08:21:48 PM »
Hello!
I do not know if someone can help me, but for a few days, at the same time around 1:30 p.m. for me, a web page opens automatically and has several tabs open that my adblock is blocking.
The websites do not seem dangerous at first sight, but it remains very stressful!
I have no idea where it comes from, I just formatted a few days ago and I install only save programs and I do not go to strange websites.
I see nothing strange in my tasks, program and others, no unknown name and avast detects nothing either, whether it is the scans where in the details in the firewall.
Will anyone have an idea?

https://i.imgur.com/Ihx804d.png
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 11:44:30 PM by Lokthar »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: web page opens automatically ?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 08:58:25 PM »
You can attach an image to your post, many won't visit a 3rd party site with an unknown file.

I'm not sure this is Avast related given you say "that my adblock is blocking."
Is that (or do you mean) Avast On'line Security add-on  ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lokthar

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 11:46:25 PM »
I have ADblockPlus and uBlock Origin
The plugin of Avast don't detect anything :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 12:33:55 AM »
I have uBlock Origin and uMatrix, I stopped using ADblockPlus ages ago.  When I tried to connect to the site uMatrix blocked it When allowed I got the same permissions questions, but uBlock Origin did stop the page loading.

That said, your image doesn't actually show an ad being blocked, but the site complying with privacy concerns/rules to get related privacy permission.
See - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site.adform.com

If that site isn't where you were intending to connect  ?
Then the site you were visiting would appear to be redirecting to the page in your image. 

From what I have seen on the google search this site would appear to provide services to other sites, which could be why you are seeing this.  And why I asked the question about what site you were trying to visit.

Unfortunately I don't think that has anything to do with Avast, nor do I think it can do anything about this.

EDIT:
You could try to add this site to the blocked sites list (in the Web Shield settings), but I don't know if that would be helpful as you wouldn't see the page and wonder why the site you were visiting (if it redirects here) isn't being displayed.

See attached image 2&3.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 12:54:47 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lokthar

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 12:29:06 PM »
Thanks for trying to help me !  :D
I put the website in the list

But I'm sorry, I didn't really understand the rest of what you said ^^'
I spent all the night trying to find where this problem comes from, but I see absolutely nothing strange, so it is probably a hidden program that even Avast does not detect...
It would be so much easier If we would have an AI and simply ask him why he opens these pages, he could have immediately tell me what program causes this.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 12:42:14 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 01:00:35 PM »
Thanks for trying to help me !  :D
I put the website in the list

But I'm sorry, I didn't really understand the rest of what you said ^^'
<snip>

You're welcome.

As I mentioned.
Quote from: DavidR
From what I have seen on the google search this site would appear to provide services to other sites, which could be why you are seeing this.  And why I asked the question about what site you were trying to visit.

So it it would appear to be acting on behalf of other sites.  That is why I gave the google search link so you could get more information.

And why I asked this question:
Quote from: DavidR
If that site isn't where you were intending to connect  ?

Lets see what happens after resetting the browser as suggested by Asyn.