Author Topic: avast wont update  (Read 1077 times)

Offline rabescathedral

avast wont update
« on: June 14, 2022, 02:02:24 AM »
Argh  just why must one have constant issues with this Avast av - now it wont update. i am told the virus defs are outdated and there is the new avast release but the option to update from within avast and from the toolbar menu are both greyed out

will manual updating work or will that fail too - i am trying it at the moment but it is just a loading box that is showing on screen so far

Offline rabescathedral

Re: avast wont update
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 02:24:05 AM »
the avast manaul install program is still just a box on teh screen with that animated blue loading line  - what do i do, should i end this in task manager, and just restart and if i still cant update, uninstall avast entirely and reinstall?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 07:51:30 AM »
the avast manaul install program is still just a box on teh screen with that animated blue loading line  - what do i do, should i end this in task manager, and just restart and if i still cant update, uninstall avast entirely and reinstall?

Hi,

Maybe a restart would be enough. If not, please use the Avast Uninstall Tool https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/10/

Offline rabescathedral

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 03:10:09 AM »
i have tried an update and avast let me select to update virus and engine  and program - i am not sure which to do so i went with virus and engine as that is the one on top of the list
....but avast is just stuck on a perpetual loading screen for hours now and now i can select anything else - FFS cmon Avast stop making your av behave in such an unusable and unfriendly waY!

so i saw i could go to a "repair" option and that sounds maybe like something i could do, but nope that is just stuck on a loading screen saying "repairing" also .... geez nothing ever works easily with Avast does it, better to go back to nortons