Author Topic: Print to PDF - Highlighting Tool Issue  (Read 1793 times)

Offline kristimcarter

Print to PDF - Highlighting Tool Issue
« on: June 15, 2022, 02:09:33 PM »
Hello:  I use an online software tool (Workwave Pestpac - not the issue).  I frequently print schedules to PDF, open in Acrobat DC and highlight important notes.  The highlighting tool does not work properly if the Print to PDF tool is used in the Avast Browser.  Instead of highlight a specific line or word, the highlighting range is a large section and a large egg like shape.  It is NOT an Adobe DC issue because the Print to PDF and Highlighting tool work perfectly fine when using Chrome.   I don't know how Avast saves PDFs but the OCR is different than Chrome.

I'd prefer to use the Avast Browser but will have to go back to Chrome until the issue is resolved.

Kristi

Offline Jakub171

• Avast team
Re: Print to PDF - Highlighting Tool Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 01:37:56 PM »
Hello. Thank you for reporting this issue. I will try to re-create it on my machine, but it would help me a lot, if you could help me understand it better.
Could you please try printing some PDF in the correct way, as well as the same file printed through ASB so I can compare them? Also, it would help, If you could add a screenshots of highlighted line correctly and incorrectly. I hope that will help us identify and fix the issue soon.

Offline Jakub171

• Avast team
Re: Print to PDF - Highlighting Tool Issue
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 02:09:30 PM »
Hello again
I have been able to recreate the issue according to your instructions.
When you are choosing to Print PDF, do you also have this window shown? When I was testing I got offered either option to "save as PDF" or "Microsoft Print to PDF".
Try selecting different options. In my case, switching to "save as PDF" did solve the issue.