Author Topic: VMWare network I can not put it as a trusted network  (Read 736 times)

Offline edyprey1

VMWare network I can not put it as a trusted network
« on: June 15, 2022, 06:26:32 PM »
Greetings to all. 8)
I have the problem that I recently installed avast premium to test how well it works for me. But the problem is that every time the machine starts up and I log in to windows, I get that I have connected to a new network, and when I check which network it is, it appears that it is a VMWare network. I know that VMWare creates virtual networks to connect the virtual machines to the real machine, so that did not worry me, only that every time I start the computer I get the message that my PC has been connected to a new network, and I get to choose what type of network it is: Trusted or Public.
When I try to make it Trusted, the virtual switch in the image that appears in the lower right edge bounces, and it returns to the Public Network option and that it is not a trusted network. I go back and try and it comes back and does the same thing. I give it to analyze the network so that it can see that it is a trusted network, but it scans the real network but not the virtual one.
If I close the window where I get the trusted or public untrusted network sign, it doesn't come up again until I go back and restart the computer.
AND ALL the times that I start the PC, the damn sign comes back. :-\ :-\ :-\
I want to know what I do so that I no longer see that sign and that the network is accepted as a trusted network, so that I don't have to close the sign every day that I turn on the machine.
Can someone help me see how I prevent this from happening to me and that the network is accepted as trusted?
Thanks. :D

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: VMWare network I can not put it as a trusted network
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 09:10:10 AM »
Hi,

Do you have Avast Premium Security installed on the VM or your PC? Which version do you have installed?
Can you provide some screenshots for clarification, please? Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot