Author Topic: installation/ais  (Read 3970 times)

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
installation/ais
« on: August 07, 2011, 08:33:29 PM »
im trying to install ais to use my 3rd license on my subscription on a emachines computer that a family member gave me.my problem is that when installing it gets to avast firewall and just hangs there,im mean i left for a hour and it was still at that stage.when i force a restart i have a red x on my network adapter and no internet at all and avast is not installed.there is no other security on the machine(cleaned with ccleaner-auslogics reg cleaner) they may have had another product at one tme but theres nothing there at the moment that i can see.any ideas of what could be causing ais to stop at the avast firewall setup stage?

emachines pc
2 gb ram
320 hd
win 7

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: installation/ais
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:44:29 PM »
Maybe your installer is broken. Try to download a new one at official avast page.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »
tried that numerous times,it seems like something is stopping the installer when it gets to the firewall.maybe driver installation?

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 08:54:27 PM »
The fact that you were installing AIS when this happened could be a coincidence. It may or may not be Avast-related.

After a new reboot, is all your system working correctly? Any hardware and/or drivers problem?

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »
I would start by trying to update the drivers for the network card, given what happened.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 09:01:07 PM »
i just tried for the heck of it and i was able to install the free avast av.im not saying its avast fault im trying to figure out whats going on thats all.does avast firewall install a driver because it seems something is going wrong at that point.ill try and update the network card driver.

Gargamel360

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »
does avast firewall install a driver because it seems something is going wrong at that point.
I think so, its something like ndis.sys if I remember correctly.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »
I think so, its something like ndis.sys if I remember correctly.
You're right.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 09:29:47 PM »
i dont know,ive tried everything but i am able to install kaspersky internet security(uninstalled avast free) all though i would like to use ais.for now i guess ill use kaspersky atleast until i figure it out.