Author Topic: which one is the best ?avast! Home/Professional Edition?  (Read 4958 times)

Offline N@URINE

which one is the best ?avast! Home/Professional Edition?
« on: December 10, 2007, 03:13:33 AM »
hi ! I have some questions plz.
is avast! Home Editino like Professional Edition? and which one is the best?
thanks in advance
NourinE

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: which one is the best ?avast! Home/Professional Edition?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 03:22:20 AM »
It entirely depends on your requirements and needs, best is very subjective and is based on those requirements and needs. Unlike many other free AVs there is no crippling of the different functions, etc. Many will want the additional flexibility of the Pro version, auto dealing with detections, scheduling of scans, enhanced user interface, script blocker, etc.

Avast Home V Avast Pro differences http://www.avast.com/eng/av4_version_comp.html
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 03:29:15 AM »
thanks so much david for your quick answer.
if I want to switch pro edition, shall I unistall home edition or just buy a new serial of pro edition?
NourinE

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:32:31 AM »
if I want to switch pro edition, shall I unistall home edition or just buy a new serial of pro edition?

I think you may have to uninstall the home edition because the pro serial is completely different to the home serial, I'm not to sure about this wait for a reply for the correct answer.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:05:32 AM »
avast! Home will be upgraded to the Professional version after insertion of valid license key. Uninstallation is not needed.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 04:58:07 PM »

Your welcome.

Your other question has been answered, it is a very simple operation to upgrade.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 01:24:52 PM »
avast! Home will be upgraded to the Professional version after insertion of valid license key. Uninstallation is not needed.

thank you so much and for all who answer my question.
NourinE

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 01:25:35 PM »
I still have one more question, yesterday I run scandisk by the command chkdsk /r, and there were two files damaged and were automatically replaced, then I scheduled boot-time scan, while the scan an error message occur : C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\1036\DAO360\.....unable to sacn (archive is corrupted).
but the scan completed till the end.
when the windows started up, I scanned the path and recieved the same error. I selected it and clicked on "Action" then "Move". after that I no longer recieve the error.
I found the moved file in this path : C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\moved. but frankly I don't understand that. can you please explain to me what I have done? and what's "move"?
by the way, I searched for the file DA0360 with the extention .chm(DA0360.CHM) but I couldn't find any thing about it to know what is the role of that file.
NourinE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\1036\DAO360\.....unable to sacn (archive is corrupted).
Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned. Sometimes it could be just that avast can't unpack the archive (for any reason) and scan it.

I found the moved file in this path : C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\moved. but frankly I don't understand that. can you please explain to me what I have done? and what's "move"?
Move is send the file from the original place to the folder C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\moved
The best things in life are free.

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 02:57:53 AM »
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\1036\DAO360\.....unable to sacn (archive is corrupted).
Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned. Sometimes it could be just that avast can't unpack the archive (for any reason) and scan it.

Move is send the file from the original place to the folder C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\moved

thank you so much Tech, whenever I have a problem you are the first and DavidR I expect to recieve help from, thank you again.

I solved the problem the file was corrupted, it's with extention .CHM that we use to show help about DAO.
I replaced it with a fine file in and recieved no more error.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 02:59:42 AM by Nourine »
NourinE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 01:17:31 PM »
I replaced it with a fine file in and recieved no more error.
Ok. Glad you've solved it.
The best things in life are free.