Author Topic: JDownloader 2 getting quarantined even in exception  (Read 801 times)

Offline klam3

JDownloader 2 getting quarantined even in exception
« on: September 08, 2022, 07:39:38 PM »
It started like a week ago, so assuming since latest version of Avast. This happens everyday (or at each reboot i shutdown only once a day.)

No problem loading JDownloading, but if i tried to copy a download link so that JD can pick it up, Avast will shutdown JD and quanrantined it. This happened even though i have the exe, the update exe and the WHOLE folder in exception. I even add it in the "blocked and allowed apps", same.

Once i restored it, JD would then be able to work, which is strange why AVAST only block it the first time each day. So what needs to be done so that JD would not be picked by Avast?

Offline Mr. Consumer

Re: JDownloader 2 getting quarantined even in exception
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 10:26:33 PM »
What's the name of the detection and which file is it detecting and what's the location of it?
Also, make sure to download Jdownloader via the adware free installer:
https://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2

Offline klam3

Re: JDownloader 2 getting quarantined even in exception
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 11:49:55 PM »
I have Jdownloader2 for a while, not from new install. So no malware.

AppData\Local\JDownloader v2.0\JDownloader2.exe is the one quarantine. Reason is left BLANK, nothing.

Also today, evern after restore (w/ or w/o add to exception even though it's already there). randomly it will quanrantine JD2 again after the 3-4 links copied. So it's not just once after bootup as i inially said.