Author Topic: Avast on iOS not activating  (Read 7081 times)

Offline Bjarni3

Avast on iOS not activating
« on: September 20, 2021, 08:50:19 PM »
So I have been subscribed to Avast Ultimate for about 6 months now and have been using it on my PC, iPhone and iPad without issues.

I reset my phone and iPad the other day and went to install Avast again but it would not recognize my activation code. I tried loging in and it only told my there was no license on file for that account.
I phoned Avast, they had no idea what could be the issue so they sent me a new activation code. I registered the code on my PC and that went fine, I then went to activate on my phone and tablet and again it wont recognize the code nor my account.

I'm not sure what the next step should be. It took me a while to explain this to them on the phone, and I doubt trying another code will work. Could this be a bug in the app? I have reinstalled Avast on my devices before and never had issues.
Only thing different now perhaps is that they recently updated the app with the new logo and that, I'm not sure what else may have changed in that update.

The error messages I am getting are:

When entering code: That activation code didn't work, Please check it and try again
When signing in to my account: No valid licenses found

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be? I use the VPN function a bit and it's quite frustrating specially since I purchased a Multi device subscription.
I purchased directly from Avast.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast on iOS not activating
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 09:40:48 PM »
Whilst you are talking about three areas/functions, the one related to the Topic is about iOS, it would probably be best posting this on the Avast Mac Security sub-forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 12:22:50 PM »
So I have been subscribed to Avast Ultimate for about 6 months now and have been using it on my PC, iPhone and iPad without issues.

I reset my phone and iPad the other day and went to install Avast again but it would not recognize my activation code. I tried loging in and it only told my there was no license on file for that account.
I phoned Avast, they had no idea what could be the issue so they sent me a new activation code. I registered the code on my PC and that went fine, I then went to activate on my phone and tablet and again it wont recognize the code nor my account.

I'm not sure what the next step should be. It took me a while to explain this to them on the phone, and I doubt trying another code will work. Could this be a bug in the app? I have reinstalled Avast on my devices before and never had issues.
Only thing different now perhaps is that they recently updated the app with the new logo and that, I'm not sure what else may have changed in that update.

When entering code: That activation code didn't work, Please check it and try again

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be? I use the VPN function a bit and it's quite frustrating specially since I purchased a Multi device subscription.

Hi,

Could you please clarify if you are trying to activate Avast Mobile Security Premium for iOS or Avast SecureLine VPN for iOS? To clarify, are only having issues when activating the application on iOS (iPhone and Ipad)?
Please also PM (Personal Message) me the activation code and email address used.

Offline Bjarni3

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 08:52:48 PM »

Hi,

Could you please clarify if you are trying to activate Avast Mobile Security Premium for iOS or Avast SecureLine VPN for iOS? To clarify, are only having issues when activating the application on iOS (iPhone and Ipad)?
Please also PM (Personal Message) me the activation code and email address used.

Hi, the app on the app store is called Avast Security & Privacy. Yes I am only having issues when trying to activate the premium functions on this app on my iPhone and iPad (iOS) after a reset of said devices. I click "Already Purchaced" but get the aforementioned error when putting in my license code. I will send you the details in PM

Thanks

Offline kimkullmann12

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 03:55:29 PM »
I’m having the same issue 🤦🏼‍♀️

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 11:35:16 AM »
I’m having the same issue 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hi,

Do you have an Avast Ultimate subscription?
Did you purchase directly from Avast or Apple?
If via Apple, please check your subscription details https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088