Author Topic: License invalid in Linux Home edition  (Read 5468 times)

marcinwolyniak

License invalid in Linux Home edition
« on: March 09, 2009, 10:06:20 AM »
Hi,
I have issue with registering license key in Linux Home edition.
I got license key from avast site (using register button beside download button on Linux Home product page).
Install avast rpm as root, start avastgui as normal user and after pasting the key from mail I still have register button grayed.
Then i started avast from commnad line and got "invalid key" error.
Then I started avastgui as root - the same efect
Because I use SELinux I repeated procedures with SELinux disabled - the same efect.

So removed avast and decided to install it on another machine to test. And the same effect.

Both machines run Fedora dist. 9 and 10 version respectively

Could someone help me to resolve this issue?

Regards
Marcin

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: License invalid in Linux Home edition
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:56:09 PM »
Hi,
I have issue with registering license key in Linux Home edition.
I got license key from avast site (using register button beside download button on Linux Home product page).
Install avast rpm as root, start avastgui as normal user and after pasting the key from mail I still have register button grayed.
Then i started avast from commnad line and got "invalid key" error.
Then I started avastgui as root - the same efect
Because I use SELinux I repeated procedures with SELinux disabled - the same efect.

So removed avast and decided to install it on another machine to test. And the same effect.

Both machines run Fedora dist. 9 and 10 version respectively

Could someone help me to resolve this issue?

Regards
Marcin

hallo,
i'm on holiday at the moment and cannot test the cause of your problem, but from scrath - get rid of your .avast rc directory, in your homedir - probably there's some invalid key persists.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

marcinwolyniak

Re: License invalid in Linux Home edition
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:01:01 AM »
Hi,

thank You for Your answer.
I've installed Avast on clean home dirs ie. always remove .avast directory before another try.

BTW. I went to avast reg page and requested to resend me key second time ( choose "I'm a registered user, but I lost my registration key"  option assuming maybe mail was malformed on the way to me ?????). I was sent with the same key (obviously) but it didn't help.

But after two days I was sent mail from avast with another key ( I've never attempted to obtain another one ! ). This is completely different key and I gave it a try. And it works.

Weird.....   I still wondering why I was sent another key without any word of explanation.

Nevertheless , the main problem was solved

Regards

Marcin