Author Topic: Avast Premium Security STILL takes a LONG TIME to LOAD  (Read 604 times)

Offline VBWriter2

Avast Premium Security STILL takes a LONG TIME to LOAD
« on: July 09, 2022, 03:54:27 PM »
I a little bit miffed at this point.  Every time an update is released, it takes longer and longer for the UI icon to appear in the system tray.
Then for some stupid reason, I cannot do anything on the Dell Optiplex 790 machine running Windows 8.1 Pro with 16 gig of RAM until the icon
is shown.  My computer takes over 2 minutes for the damn software to finish loading.

I have done what you guys have asked multiple times - reload Avast (over and over and over and over and over.....)
Using the SysInternals tool called AutoRuns, I have totally minimized the start of just about everything except Avast.
I have NO other AV type or spyware programs that run on startup.  I don't use any other large fancy software either.

I have ANOTHE problem and this was once addressed:  I do use eM Client to get my email from Google - IT DOES NOT RUN AT STARTUP.
However when I open the program, I need to click on a email about 20 times before it opens.  This was once fixed with some security certificate
from Avast being put in the eM Client program.  I keep having to get this certificate and put in in with each update.  I'm not happy about this.

Why are you doing this to us?  When are you going to STOP band-aiding the solution and FIX these issues?
I keep trying to tell friends and family "what a great program Avast is", now I feel like telling them to AVOID AVAST AT ALL COSTS!!!!

What do you want to do?