Author Topic: The impossible cancellation of my subscription  (Read 5837 times)

Offline azer669

The impossible cancellation of my subscription
« on: July 03, 2022, 09:12:37 AM »
Hello,

I have a problem. I am french, and I installed avast cleanup to solve some problems on my computer (windows 10 100% hdd using bug) and it solves nothing. So I cancelled my subscription. BUT I GOT CHARGED OF 51 EUROS !

I didn't get any single invoice. I got a confirmation e-mail telling me the payment option was cancelled.

What can I do ? I already contacted the avast support who told me nothing will be charged but i got charged for a software who was unable to solve a common windows 10 bug (I had to solve it using the terminal). I am absolutely unsatisfied and want to get a refund.

Thanks for helping me, because the avast support's help was absolutely useless.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: The impossible cancellation of my subscription
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 11:53:45 AM »
Refund request - https://support.avast.com/contact/sales_refund If you haven't got the Order ID, etc enter 00000000 and give as much information that you can to help identify it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline azer669

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 11:10:53 AM »
Thank you for your reply David. Yesterday I tried to ask a refund using this form but it was not working (I got a loading icon non stop after clicking on theb submitting button), today it is working and I got the e-mail confirmation for my request. I hope this will work.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 11:54:24 AM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Ines6

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 02:59:10 PM »
Hello,

I have THE SAME problem. I installed avast cleanup and it solves nothing. So I cancelled my subscription.

I didn't get any single invoice. I got a confirmation e-mail telling me the payment option was cancelled. But to my surprise I was charged on my credit card.

What can I do ? I already contacted the avast support but there is no issue without ID. I can´t even see avast cleanup in my subscriptions. I am absolutely unsatisfied and want to get a refund.

Offline prokopes_

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 11:18:27 AM »
Hello,

I have THE SAME problem. I installed avast cleanup and it solves nothing. So I cancelled my subscription.

I didn't get any single invoice. I got a confirmation e-mail telling me the payment option was cancelled. But to my surprise I was charged on my credit card.

What can I do ? I already contacted the avast support but there is no issue without ID. I can´t even see avast cleanup in my subscriptions. I am absolutely unsatisfied and want to get a refund.

Hi Ines6, sorry about the trouble! I notified my colleagues about your case. They will reach out to you as soon as possible. Your support request ID is 16781305.

Offline Mike101

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 08:22:52 PM »
Hi,
I have a Free trial for my Avast Clean-Up Pro and would like an Email sent with instructions on how to cancel so I will not get billed.
I never received any emails with an order number so I am unable to do this.
I only have seven days until my billing starts.
Please expediate this request.
Thanks

Offline Bob27

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 02:17:35 AM »
I have the same problem. I purchased CleanUp a few months after Avast Premium. It immediately deleted 9.8GB of downloaded files (on a brand new computer), without warning. This seems to be a common problem, yet Avast still issues CleanUp without any warning to reset downloaded files to "ignore" (or, better, stopping it deleting them to start with.

So I decided to let such an untrustworthy program lapse.

However, instead of renewing Premium, Avast sold me a compulsory package including CleanUp, which still had a few months to run.

Because I am locked out of my PayPal account (I have no mobile phone, which is needed to log in), and thus could not update my credit card details, and Avast would not let me pay directly by credit card, I sought help from you.

However, when the subscription actually became due, I was offered a credit card option, which worked successfully, and was accepted on 4 June 2022.

But PayPal had meanwhile updated my credit card's expiry date without informing me. So your system renewed the original CleanUp when it expired, although you had already sold another copy to me in the Ultimate package.

So I have paid for the same program twice.

Your contact complaint form offers the option of accidentally making a duplicate purchase (whereas this was compulsory). I tried it several times. You threw my form away every time. A popup would say "start chat", but didn't lead anywhere, and I would just gaze at a blank blue screen.

I found an email address for Avast's headquarters online, and wrote to them, but they didn't reply.

How can I block Avast from automatically renewing my subscriptions. please? It may suit you to charge me twice for a substandard product, with no means of redress, but I don't see why I should.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 04:02:11 PM »
Hi,
I have a Free trial for my Avast Clean-Up Pro and would like an Email sent with instructions on how to cancel so I will not get billed.
I never received any emails with an order number so I am unable to do this.
I only have seven days until my billing starts.
Please expediate this request.
Thanks

Hi,

Did you provide your payment details during the sign-up? If not, then there is no subscription.
You can also manage your subscription via this link https://support.avast.com/accountCrossroad/
Please PM me your activation code if you are still struggling, and I will look into it.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 04:13:49 PM »
I have the same problem. I purchased CleanUp a few months after Avast Premium. It immediately deleted 9.8GB of downloaded files (on a brand new computer), without warning. This seems to be a common problem, yet Avast still issues CleanUp without any warning to reset downloaded files to "ignore" (or, better, stopping it deleting them to start with.

So I decided to let such an untrustworthy program lapse.

However, instead of renewing Premium, Avast sold me a compulsory package including CleanUp, which still had a few months to run.

Because I am locked out of my PayPal account (I have no mobile phone, which is needed to log in), and thus could not update my credit card details, and Avast would not let me pay directly by credit card, I sought help from you.

However, when the subscription actually became due, I was offered a credit card option, which worked successfully, and was accepted on 4 June 2022.

But PayPal had meanwhile updated my credit card's expiry date without informing me. So your system renewed the original CleanUp when it expired, although you had already sold another copy to me in the Ultimate package.

So I have paid for the same program twice.

Your contact complaint form offers the option of accidentally making a duplicate purchase (whereas this was compulsory). I tried it several times. You threw my form away every time. A popup would say "start chat", but didn't lead anywhere, and I would just gaze at a blank blue screen.

I found an email address for Avast's headquarters online, and wrote to them, but they didn't reply.

How can I block Avast from automatically renewing my subscriptions. please? It may suit you to charge me twice for a substandard product, with no means of redress, but I don't see why I should.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

You should be able to manage your subscription via your Avast account.
Please use this link to manage your subscription or contact Avast sales support. https://support.avast.com/accountCrossroad/
If you have issues using the chat function, you need to either restart your browser without your browser's addons/extensions or use a different browser.