Author Topic: New beta version 22.7.6024  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Karel Šťavík

• Avast team
New beta version 22.7.6024
« on: July 14, 2022, 03:57:14 PM »
Hi everyone,

there is a new beta version ready - 22.7.6024 (build 22.7.7383).

What is new
New Boot Time Scan
- we added support for Boot Time Scan in Windows Recovery Environment
- in case you are not able to schedule the scan (sometimes infinite scheduling occurs) it is necessary to do another computer restart

Download links
Avast Free: https://bits.avcdn.net/productfamily_ANTIVIRUS/insttype_FREE/platform_WIN/installertype_ONLINE/build_BETA
Avast Premium: https://bits.avcdn.net/productfamily_ANTIVIRUS/insttype_APR/platform_WIN/installertype_ONLINE/build_BETA
Avast Clear: https://s-beta9x.avcdn.net/beta9x/avastclear.exe

Enjoy this beta!
We are looking forward to your feedback.

AVAST Team

Offline ccm582

Re: New beta version 22.7.6024
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 05:54:22 PM »
I like this beta. It fixed some problems with earlier beta 6023:

The Firewall UI seems to hang less except the first time after installation when the Firewall-Apps list either hangs or take a long time to list the apps. I had to sign out of Windows and sign in again. Then it's ok.

When adding to allow or block, deleting or editing Firewall App Rules, the UI now refresh almost immediately. But if we ALLOW in the ASK popup, the UI doesn't refresh. We have to close the App Rules window, then open it again to see the changes. But unlike before, it doesn't hang for long time. TQ.

Ransomware Shield still only work on external drive if the drive is plugged in AFTER PC restart. But unlike previous beta, it has a Recycle Bin for Windows deletion of files. The previous beta kept asking whether I want to delete permanently as if it is a thumb or flash drive.

Please have an offline installer for this Beta and future Betas in case the next beta causes problems. Then we can revert back instead of suffering the bugs.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 07:22:41 PM by ccm582 »

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 06:35:56 PM »
Thanks for the new beta :)
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline tk6

• Technology Critic escaped from tech industry
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 02:10:23 AM »
Excellent!  22.7.6024 (build 22.7.7383.528) appears to fix the bug with boot time PnP detection of devices connected to serial/COMx ports not being recognized.  You can close issue 11394513 (I bet it's already closed!) from almost 2 years ago.  Thanks for the update.

Offline ccm582

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 12:32:27 PM »

Ransomware Shield still only work on external drive if the drive is plugged in AFTER PC restart. But unlike previous beta, it has a Recycle Bin for Windows deletion of files. The previous beta kept asking whether I want to delete permanently as if it is a thumb or flash drive.

Update: Why can't Ransomware Shield detect the letter of the external drive while the PC is booting up? This is why Ransomware Shield can't work on it. Does it mean that Windows can detect the drive letter before Avast boots up but Avast can't after it has started?

After I did a Settings Restore from previous beta, the old problem returned. After I plug in the external drive after the PC has started, Ransomware Shield works but the external drive now works like a flash drive i.e. if we delete a file using Windows deletion, it will ask whether we want to permanently delete it instead of sending to Recycle Bin. Only way to solve this is to uninstall the Firewall. I decided to keep Avast Free without the Firewall.