Author Topic: Is it Avast Premier or Avast Premium or they both exist ?  (Read 946 times)

Offline SantiBailors

Is it Avast Premier or Avast Premium or they both exist ?
« on: July 16, 2022, 04:51:22 PM »
Usually I see the name "Avast Premium", but in several places, including this forum and the "don't wait for us" notification shown in the bottom right when I start the installation from another installed product, it says Premier (I cannot show a screenshot because when I take a screenshot that notification disappears).
Is "Premier" just a mistake or is there a Premier subscription or something like that which is different from the Premium version ?
What men really want is not knowledge but certainty.
- Bertrand Russell

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Is it Avast Premier or Avast Premium or they both exist ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 05:21:17 PM »
Don't see why you couldn't take a screenshot as it is part if the sub-forum title at the top and bottom of the page.

Notice that it is within the Legacy brackets, old avast program versions still supported.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline SantiBailors

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 05:53:08 PM »
I said that I cannot take a screenshot of that notification, not of the sub-forum title which I had not even noticed and which would be much less meaningful to screenshot anyway.

I don't understand if you also answered my question. Do you mean that Premier is an "old avast program version" ?
What men really want is not knowledge but certainty.
- Bertrand Russell

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 06:18:56 PM »
Yes, that is basically what the Legacy is, the old program names that are no longer sold (not the current range of programs) but are up to a point still supported.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security