Author Topic: refund request without response  (Read 5335 times)

Offline patrickvc

refund request without response
« on: July 12, 2022, 11:43:52 AM »
Hey there,

I got billed the annual fee of 72,99€ on the 6th of July and requested a refund on the very same day.
I contacted the customer support by chat, they´ve told my that the refund has been issued..... However I haven´t reveived any money yet, so something cant be right.
The initial mail i got from Avast stated, that I would get a reply by mail within 48 hours if the status of my request changed, which never happened
Any help would be appreciated.

Order NO: 111399519700

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 11:46:23 AM by patrickvancruechten »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: refund request without response
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 01:07:28 PM »
It depends on how you paid ?

If you paid by Bank Transfer, it would take longer to appear in your account as cleared funds.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 03:38:18 PM »
Hey there,

I got billed the annual fee of 72,99€ on the 6th of July and requested a refund on the very same day.
I contacted the customer support by chat, they´ve told my that the refund has been issued..... However I haven´t reveived any money yet, so something cant be right.
The initial mail i got from Avast stated, that I would get a reply by mail within 48 hours if the status of my request changed, which never happened

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Please note that it can take up to 7 business days (not including weekends) for you to receive your refund. I would suggest that you wait until at least Friday. If you have not received your refund by then, please reply to the email you received from Avast support and they can look further into it.

Offline patrickvc

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 01:14:25 PM »
Well, I havent received my refund yet.
it´s been 7 business days
I´ll contact them once more

Hey there,

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Please note that it can take up to 7 business days (not including weekends) for you to receive your refund. I would suggest that you wait until at least Friday. If you have not received your refund by then, please reply to the email you received from Avast support and they can look further into it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 01:18:07 PM by patrickvc »

Offline patrickvc

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 01:19:57 PM »
I paid with paypal

It depends on how you paid ?

If you paid by Bank Transfer, it would take longer to appear in your account as cleared funds.

Offline patrickvc

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 05:04:54 PM »
Update:

The refund process keeps getting worse and worse.
They´ve now told me that they have "escalated the ISSUE to their accounting team" LOL

This process should be standard procedure and be resolved within 48h.
They have escalated my "issue" three times now...

I wonder if I will ever receive the refund lol

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 09:15:27 AM »
Update:

The refund process keeps getting worse and worse.
They´ve now told me that they have "escalated the ISSUE to their accounting team" LOL

This process should be standard procedure and be resolved within 48h.
They have escalated my "issue" three times now...

I wonder if I will ever receive the refund lol

Hi,

From the side of Avast, the refund was processed. Most customers receive their refunds within 7 business days. However, this does not seem to be the case for you.
We have escalated your request to the accounting team of Digital River, the distributor who processes the payments and refunds. They will be able to clarify the situation, and Avast support will keep you updated via email.
Rest assured you will receive your refund. It is, unfortunately, taking a little longer than usual.