Author Topic: Special offer query  (Read 1156 times)

Offline bilnrobn12

Special offer query
« on: July 20, 2022, 07:45:04 AM »
My Avast Premium subscription for two computers expires in November. If I take up the advertised $74.99 special offer what happens to the remainder of my existing subscription?
Bill in Oz
I dream of a day when chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Special offer query
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 09:09:42 AM »
My Avast Premium subscription for two computers expires in November. If I take up the advertised $74.99 special offer what happens to the remainder of my existing subscription?

Hi,

The remaining time from your existing subscription will be added to the new subscription.

Offline bilnrobn12

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 07:27:42 AM »
Thanks, that is what I was hoping.
Bill in Oz
I dream of a day when chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline bilnrobn12

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 08:33:05 AM »
I have now downloaded the special offers for Premium two year and for Clean-Up one year. In both cases the time still outstanding on the original subscription has not been added.
In both cases I went to "Other available subscriptions" and activated "Switch to this subscription" and received the "Done" confirmation.
The previous expiry date for Premium was November 2022.  It is now shown as June 2024. It should be November 2024.
The previous expiry date for Clean-Up was May 2023.  It is now shown as June 2023. It should be May 2024.

What can I do about this? I am in Australia and my phone contract does not allow me to phone the Avast help number in USA.
Bill in Oz

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 10:17:53 AM »
I have now downloaded the special offers for Premium two year and for Clean-Up one year. In both cases the time still outstanding on the original subscription has not been added.
In both cases I went to "Other available subscriptions" and activated "Switch to this subscription" and received the "Done" confirmation.
The previous expiry date for Premium was November 2022.  It is now shown as June 2024. It should be November 2024.
The previous expiry date for Clean-Up was May 2023.  It is now shown as June 2023. It should be May 2024.

What can I do about this? I am in Australia and my phone contract does not allow me to phone the Avast help number in USA.

Hi,

Please contact Avast Sales Support via Phone (Australian number) or email, and they will merge it for you. Please use this link https://support.avast.com/en-au/contact/sales_other_general