Author Topic: Avast VPN secure line and a Secure Line Wiregaurd App  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Nicholas13

Avast VPN secure line and a Secure Line Wiregaurd App
« on: July 21, 2022, 08:56:34 AM »
Hi Avast Team, and Globe

The Avast VPN has come up this morning with another VPN beside it called Avast Secureline Wiregaurd, and the original, the one I remember installing is Avast Secureline which has been my default setting. It now doesn't seem to be operational, but the new one that came up today called Avast Secureline Wiregaurd has and seems to be the one operating. and a shortcut that I didn't put there is on the desk for Secureline.

On top of that, I just got a warning saying there's been a data breach stated by the Avast Security Premium App: [TELNET] Device password leaked

The password for this device was compromised in a data leak and is now available online for anyone to abuse
Vulnerability ID: HNS-WEAK-PASS

RISKS: Attacks could infect this device with malware, which could then spread to other devices that connect to it.

TIPS: Change this services password. Make it a strong password that you haven't used before.

Then I click on the change password and it gives me an I.P Number without any website address and asks me to put my username and password in. I have no idea what either is.

Is it something to do with Avast? Or the IP address that I used to connect the internet with my modem? Confused. Not even sure if I did that exactly or what I'm talking about but this is a bit strange.

Loving the apps I've paid for thus far and want to keep working with them.

Nick from NZ

Offline Nicholas13

Re: Avast VPN secure line and a Secure Line Wiregaurd App
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 09:55:48 AM »
Also to note that when I started the computer today, the Avast Premium Security scanned this network I didn't recognize, not my ethernet thing, asked me about whether my network was public or home and that was apparently the Secure Line Wiregaurd and scanned the Wiregaurd as if it didn't even recognize its own software brand.  ???

I will read this tomorrow if possible but thanks to those who read it. Hope ya'll are safe.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 10:06:08 AM »
Hi,

Wiregaurd is the new VPN protocol used by Avast SecureLine VPN.

The IP address of your telnet device is most likely your router. Please check the information your ISP (router provider) provided to see if the IP address to access and administer your device matches.
You can read further about this Telnet leak here: https://blog.avast.com/qa-on-big-telnet-iot-data-leak

Offline Nicholas13

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 02:18:14 AM »
Thank you for the info.  ;D

Kia Ora~

Offline Nicholas13

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 05:23:53 AM »
The VPN works with even better functions, and the Premium Security app works as I want and need.

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 05:33:24 AM by Nicholas13 »