Author Topic: Help computer Infected with Trojan Horse Generic9.AAUM  (Read 90514 times)

jase

Re: Help computer Infected with Trojan Horse Generic9.AAUM
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2007, 10:00:24 PM »
Hi jase,

In windows explorer, right click on your cd drive, click properties, click the auto play tab, There is a drop down box you can use to set your options (well at least some of them) see image.

You can also check this article

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_fix_autoplay_on_windows_xp_sp2.html

I tried autofix.exe but nothing works. It just fixes the registry for autoplay but it does not create an autorun.inf file.  :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2007, 10:37:05 PM »
It shouldn't create an autorun.inf file, just the ability to run it if the file exists. So the autorun.inf file must already be on the (usually) removable media or usb stick, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2007, 11:07:01 PM »
Yes, as DavidR said the autorun.inf should be on the root of the drive you want to autorun. Polonus or DavidR gave you the link to a wizard for creating them.

The things we where going over where items that usually stop autoruns from running.

What happens when you place a store bought music cd in? Does windows play it or give you a choice of what to do?

jase

« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2007, 01:36:24 PM »
Yes, as DavidR said the autorun.inf should be on the root of the drive you want to autorun. Polonus or DavidR gave you the link to a wizard for creating them.

The things we where going over where items that usually stop autoruns from running.

What happens when you place a store bought music cd in? Does windows play it or give you a choice of what to do?
No I am afraid it doesn't autorun or autoplay when I insert a CD or a Pen drive nor does it open any window of a choice. Just to inform you, there is no autorun.inf file in my C:  ???