Author Topic: Avast Firewall Preventing Logitech Media Server From Working  (Read 757 times)

Offline msg

I just decided to try the Avast Firewall again on my install of Avast Premium Security.
I run two media server platforms from this machine, Logitech Media Server (LMS), and Plex.

Per LMS documentation, and previously in Windows Firewall, I created network exception to Private network allowing connections in to TCP 3483,9000,9005,9090 and UDP 3483.

Windows Firewall would create application exceptions for Private and domain, wide open.

With Avast Firewall, I've been unable to get LMS working without an "Allow All In / Private" rule.
I am, however, able to successfully create rules to get Plex working just fine with the required UDP/TCP ports.

Really just can't seem to figure out what's going on here.

Avast has the network rules, and it does seem to create the application rules.

I've removed Avast complete, restarted, and then run the AvastClean tool.
I've reset all Firewall settings to defaults.
Nothing seems to work to get LMS working except that Allow All In / Private network rule.

Either got some hiccup somewhere or have to be missing something simple.
Is there a regular log file I can review to see what's getting blocked?  I don't seem to be able to find a place to view logs through the UI, which is kind of weird to navigate, btw.  It's like I have to navigate two different ways to reach different firewall controls.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Firewall Preventing Logitech Media Server From Working
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 11:14:24 AM »
Hi,

Do you have your network set to Trusted/Private (Protection > Firewall > Networks> "MY CURRENT NETWORKS")?