Author Topic: Questions about webcam protection features.  (Read 4953 times)

Offline roiyarux

Questions about webcam protection features.
« on: July 24, 2022, 01:21:22 PM »
Hi, everyone.

Windows hello does not work after turning on webcam protection (smart mode), and I cannot record new faces in the system. Is this a bug or am I not setting up Avast properly?

My device:
Avast_beta_22.7.7403.735
Lenovo_Xiaoxin _Pro16 _2021 _AMD
Win11_dev_25163.1010

Offline roiyarux

Re: Questions about webcam protection features.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 07:05:57 AM »
I returned Avast Version 22.6 (22.6.7355.734) and Windows hello works fine with webcam protection turned on. So I think this is a bug in the beta version.

Offline Marc35

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
Hello,

I have the same problem with Avast Version 22.7.6025 (Build 22.7.7403.736). If Smart protection is active, I can not use the Windows Hello functionality. It always tells me, that the camera is currently used by another app, pls close this app first.
As soon as I deactivate the Avast Webcam protection, it works fine!

How did you go back to Version 22.6 ?

Thanks
Marc

Offline roiyarux

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 10:40:12 AM »
I uninstalled the beta version and reinstalled version 22.6. However, now that I upgraded to 22.7, the webcam feature is in smart mode and I can only use windows hello to authenticate when I boot up; authentication of the laptop hibernating and then waking up is not possible, it prompts a webcam exception. If you are like me, I suggest you uninstall the current version and reinstall version 22.6 until this bug is officially fixed.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 01:56:33 PM »
Hi,

Our devs are looking into this.

Offline Avastuser1

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 12:32:24 PM »
I uninstalled the beta version and reinstalled version 22.6. However, now that I upgraded to 22.7, the webcam feature is in smart mode and I can only use windows hello to authenticate when I boot up; authentication of the laptop hibernating and then waking up is not possible, it prompts a webcam exception. If you are like me, I suggest you uninstall the current version and reinstall version 22.6 until this bug is officially fixed.
  Glad I'm not the only one facing this problem.  Where can I find the 22.6 version of Avast Premium Security?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 12:35:24 PM by Avastuser1 »

Offline roiyarux

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 06:17:58 PM »
  Glad I'm not the only one facing this problem.  Where can I find the 22.6 version of Avast Premium Security?

I downloaded it from the forum and at that time it had not been updated to version 22.7. I can't find it now, sorry.

Offline roiyarux

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 07:19:46 AM »
The new beta version seems to have fixed this bug, I've updated it and will watch for a while before giving feedback.

Offline Avastuser1

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2022, 03:52:56 AM »
How do you download the new beta version from within Avast Premium Security?

Offline roiyarux

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 05:50:34 AM »
How do you download the new beta version from within Avast Premium Security?

If you are using the beta version, please check for updates within the app. Not using beta please look for updates on the avast beta board (https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=15.0), new beta updates are usually the first post on the board.

Offline Avastuser1

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 12:47:43 PM »
The latest 22.8  update is still BROKEN just like the previous 22.7 version. Webcam shield is still blocking certain functions from the webcam. Why the hell release the 22.8 version when the bug that started with 22.7 is still there!? This is shocking quality control from Avast.