Author Topic: Latest Intel I211 Gigabit Ethernet Driver Caused System Crash  (Read 3643 times)

Offline qijdigoldwing

Latest Intel I211 Gigabit Ethernet Driver Caused System Crash
« on: August 01, 2022, 03:53:26 AM »
Salutations Avast Team,

First of all.. Namaste.. *Bows Politely*  I do love your products..

Motherboard> Asus Crosshair VIII Hero
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3800X
RAM: G.Skill 32GB Gaming Ram

I normally have no problems with Avast Driver Updater and recommend it to all of my clients.. But the most recent updates over the past few days have caused problems on 2 different computers.. So here I am.. just popping by with a friendly Jelloooo to let you know..

I did my research on the intel driver, and had to use the company installer for the others.

The latest Intel I211 Gigabit ethernet driver is apparently optimized for Windows 11 only. *Rolls Eyes* and it was offered to my Windows 10 PC.. This caused the NIC card to have a code 27 and be unable to load, and then the USBs to disconnect even my keyboard and mouse and then caused repeated system crashed. I literally had to use system restore to fix the problem.. Please correct the updater list..

I have a realtek card on the system as well and during the update it literally lost the driver, jacked the listing and I could not even uninstall said driver properly.. I had to go to the device manager after using Revo Uninstaller to remove it the hard way, and then uninstall the device manually with deletion of drivers.. before I could use the company installer to get it back..

Please correct your listings and do have a very Blessed Day.

Q.