Author Topic: "Avast on this device is not linked to your account"  (Read 2289 times)

Offline evollbach

"Avast on this device is not linked to your account"
« on: August 01, 2022, 09:53:30 PM »
I have Avast Premium Security on Windows 11 PC. While I was using the computer, a message from Avast popped up: "Avast on this device is not linked to your account" and I don't know what that means. I checked the status of Premium Security, and it is checked and says "This computer is protected." So what could the popup mean?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: "Avast on this device is not linked to your account"
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 01:01:02 PM »
Hi,

It would imply that an Avast product is not linked to your Avast account. Was the pop-up from Avast Premium Security itself or a different Avast product? Are you able to provide a screenshot of the message?

Offline Mic2

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 03:07:47 AM »
I have this also today:

Offline Mic2

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 03:14:13 AM by Mic2 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 03:27:30 AM »
It is preferable to attach images to the topic, many wont visit unknown third party links.

I gave copied it and attached it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Mic2

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 04:28:06 AM »
Thanks.

Offline Mic2

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 04:56:40 AM »
PS: This came up after I turned on my computer .... not during a browsing session.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 09:26:15 AM »
PS: This came up after I turned on my computer .... not during a browsing session.

Hi,

If you click the "Let's do it" button, it will allow you to sign in and link the app to your Avast Account. This is optional.

Offline Mic2

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 09:37:18 AM »
Many thanks. I was just a bit concerned that it may not have been a genuine Avast message but it seems to be, so that's ok.

Cheers.  :)

Offline chrisl4

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 02:57:08 AM »
This message continue to pop up for me.  It has happened at least three times and I have followed the directions to attach my account.  It appears to work then is displayed again a few months later. I haven't tracked each time with specific date /time but will going forward. Anyone else have it happen often?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 10:43:12 AM »
This message continue to pop up for me.  It has happened at least three times and I have followed the directions to attach my account.  It appears to work then is displayed again a few months later. I haven't tracked each time with specific date /time but will going forward. Anyone else have it happen often?

Hi,

When you receive this message, can you log into your Avast Account my.avast.com and see if your subscription appears under "My subscriptions"?