Author Topic: Avast Business On-premise Management Console 7.29 HF9  (Read 4870 times)

Offline Pavel Jirsak

• Avast team
Avast Business On-premise Management Console 7.29 HF9
« on: August 08, 2022, 11:44:53 AM »
Release Summary
This release focuses on resolving multiple issues.

Resolved issues
-   Fixed an issue when devices would restart automatically after an update. Restarts are now set to manual. Administrators have to restart devices manually from the console or users themselves when using devices.
-   Fixed an issue when the console would install an unsupported version of Antivirus on Windows XP devices. Those devices will get only 18.8 version.
-   Removed sorting from the IP address column on the Devices page.

Remember, to upgrade your Avast Business On-Premise Console immediately, go to our web and download the installer manually. In-application check for the new version will happen gradually in upcoming weeks.
Product manager | Taking care of the cloud and on-prem consoles

Do you want to share your feedback with me?
pavel.jirsak(at)avast.com

Offline Brett12

Re: Avast Business On-premise Management Console 7.29 HF9
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 12:20:45 PM »
Thank you for this update.
I've only just noticed this post after submitting an issue with regards to automatic restarts.

Funny thing is I didn't even notice a version change in avast:about after restarting.

Offline mschedler1

Re: Avast Business On-premise Management Console 7.29 HF9
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 10:11:57 PM »
I'm sorry, fix? what?? They couldn't get the rebooting right so just turn it off entirely? Is that permanent or do they actually intend to re-think the process and make it work like it should?

I can't help noticing that Avast seems to be going backwards more often then forwards.

Reboots once worked pretty well... warn the user that when they log off, the system will reboot (works great for workstations with single users). Manual upgrade setting should mean manual reboot (emergency upgrades get installed with admin message to reboot later)... seems simple enough. A bit of different logic for servers vs workstations/etc... giving attention to how devices are used would help.