Author Topic: Avast is blocking Outlook incoming mail  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Ron32

Avast is blocking Outlook incoming mail
« on: August 11, 2022, 08:21:21 PM »
I run a small computer repair store and a server for clients domains and email.  The last few days I have had 2 customers not be able to receive mail, sending works.  I could log into webmail fine.  Today I sold one of the customers a new laptop and setup Outlook again, still blocking incoming mail.... disabled Avast Shield and everything works fine.

Please repair this as I have several clients running Outlook connecting to my server and they have Avast as well. 

Offline Jan93

Re: Avast is blocking Outlook incoming mail
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 08:50:29 PM »
Avast blokkeert de uitgaande e-mail via outlook /office 2019

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 08:32:34 AM »
I run a small computer repair store and a server for clients domains and email.  The last few days I have had 2 customers not be able to receive mail, sending works.  I could log into webmail fine.  Today I sold one of the customers a new laptop and setup Outlook again, still blocking incoming mail.... disabled Avast Shield and everything works fine.

Please repair this as I have several clients running Outlook connecting to my server and they have Avast as well.

Hi,

Are they all using Outlook as an email client? What is the error message they receive in Outlook? Can you provide a screenshot of the error message, please?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 09:04:04 AM »
Avast blokkeert de uitgaande e-mail via outlook /office 2019

Hi,

This topic is about incoming emails yours seems to be about outgoing. We are working on a fix. You can untick "Scan outbound emails(SMTP)" for the time being.
Open Avast Antivirus, and go to Menu>Setttings>Protection>Core Shields>Mail Shield> "Scan outbound emails(SMTP)"
--------
Hallo,

Dit topic gaat over inkomende emails de jouwe lijkt over uitgaande te gaan. We werken aan een oplossing. U kunt het vinkje bij "Uitgaande emails scannen (SMTP)" voorlopig uitzetten.
Open Avast Antivirus, en ga naar Menu>Instellingen>Bescherming>Belangrijkste schilden>E-mailschild> "Uitgaande emails(SMTP) scannen".