Author Topic: Your quarantine feature is garbage  (Read 855 times)

Offline Emil6

Your quarantine feature is garbage
« on: August 15, 2022, 11:50:58 PM »
What a f**king embarrassment. I was trying to play a game, but your wonderful little antivirus popped up and gave me a warning of a malicious file. "Sure, if Avast says it's malicious, I better trust them". F**king nope. All it did was brick the game because it for some reason thought it was a virus. Good job. But all I gotta do is remove the files from quarantine and I'll be good to go, right? F**king nope again, because I can't remove the files from quarantine for some reason. What a joke, I'll be switching antivirus because f**k you and your application.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Your quarantine feature is garbage
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 02:15:10 AM »
Presumably when restoring form quarantine you didn't use the option to Restore and add exception or send it for analysis.  Or you could also have used the Send for analysis option. But you didn't say what you did.

Good luck with whatever AV you choose.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security