Author Topic: Advertising  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Karvax

Advertising
« on: August 16, 2022, 09:12:59 AM »
Not long ago (dec 21-jan 22) i had a dispute with customer support because of ad popups.

i pay for Avast security because i want a software without ads.

Their answer was simply a stream of blah blah blah. I guess they did not even understand the problem. Well, it is not a big problem but it is as simple as "I pay cause i do not want ads".

Some weeks later the campaign ended and i was relieved.

Now it starts again, this time it is spam mails. Again and again and over again they tell me i have to activate their new "BreachGuard". i do not need it, i do not want it but there is no button to tell them "no".

What makes me really angry is the way they are talking to me:

Vielleicht haben Sie es vergessen (das passiert den Besten von uns), also helfen wir Ihnen auf die Sprünge.

This is the way talking to complete idiots.

The campaign is crazy, annoying, unnecessary and i am really upset. What kind of idiots do they have sitting there in the marketing and management.

Sorry. I should be more polite but i cannot. Can anyone tell them: I ... do ... not ... want ... any ... advertisements. None. Neither popup windows. Nor spam mails. Nothing. No!

I think it is time looking for alternatives. And believe me, there are.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Advertising
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 10:24:50 AM »
Not long ago (dec 21-jan 22) i had a dispute with customer support because of ad popups.

i pay for Avast security because i want a software without ads.

Their answer was simply a stream of blah blah blah. I guess they did not even understand the problem. Well, it is not a big problem but it is as simple as "I pay cause i do not want ads".

Some weeks later the campaign ended and i was relieved.

Now it starts again, this time it is spam mails. Again and again and over again they tell me i have to activate their new "BreachGuard". i do not need it, i do not want it but there is no button to tell them "no".

What makes me really angry is the way they are talking to me:

Vielleicht haben Sie es vergessen (das passiert den Besten von uns), also helfen wir Ihnen auf die Sprünge.

This is the way talking to complete idiots.

The campaign is crazy, annoying, unnecessary and i am really upset. What kind of idiots do they have sitting there in the marketing and management.

Sorry. I should be more polite but i cannot. Can anyone tell them: I ... do ... not ... want ... any ... advertisements. None. Neither popup windows. Nor spam mails. Nothing. No!

I think it is time looking for alternatives. And believe me, there are.

Hi,

As a paid customer you can disable pop-ups within the Avast Antivirus application. Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/de-de/article/antivirus-popup-notifications
It is also possible to opt-out of non-essential emails from Avast. Please see: https://support.avast.com/de-de/article/manage-emails/
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Offline Karvax

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 09:24:31 AM »
i'll try that. Thanks.
Off the records: the customer service should have told me that.

Offline Karvax

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 09:36:26 AM »
Application setting found. I'll see if it works.

Sadly, https://support.avast.com/de-de/article/manage-emails is useless because there is no such link in the mails i receive. As i wrote above.

When i log in to my avast account directly, there is no such thing like "mail preferences".

Sigh.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 01:42:14 PM »

Sadly, https://support.avast.com/de-de/article/manage-emails is useless because there is no such link in the mails i receive. As i wrote above.
When i log in to my avast account directly, there is no such thing like "mail preferences".

Sigh.

Hi,
I have escalated your issue to the concerned team, who informed me that they would ensure that you do not receive these emails any longer.
Once again, apologies for the inconvenience.