Author Topic: I have not received my refund  (Read 1033 times)

Offline eliott.bth

I have not received my refund
« on: August 16, 2022, 03:23:46 PM »
I forgot to cancel my Avast subscription and it automatically renewed.

I did request a refund immediately and it says that the refund was given. However, I have not received the money to my card.

It has been around a month since I bought it. They said it would take 7 business days, and then I kept waiting but there has been no money.

Please help :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I have not received my refund
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 04:41:51 PM »
How did you request your refund ?
And when ?
was this refund request for the same email address used in these forums (don't publish it in public) ?
Can you remember the order ID number ?

-  Refund request - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_refund

Yes it normally takes up to 7 business days, but it also depends on how you paid, for instance if it was via your bank, it can take longer to appear as cleared funds in your account.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline eliott.bth

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 07:03:28 PM »
I contacted customer support and after some time they sent me an email stating that Avast was refunding my money and that it should take up to 7 business days.

The email was sent to me on July 17, and it has been a month.

I paid via my card, the money has not been returned back into the card.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 08:01:04 PM »
I have tried to attract some Avast Team attention to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 09:06:53 AM »
I forgot to cancel my Avast subscription and it automatically renewed.

I did request a refund immediately and it says that the refund was given. However, I have not received the money to my card.

It has been around a month since I bought it. They said it would take 7 business days, and then I kept waiting but there has been no money.

Please help :(

Hi,

According to our system, the refund was processed from our side. It might be that since the time of the order and refund was so close, the money never really left your bank account. Hence you do not see any returned funds. I would suggest that you ask someone from your bank (credit card provider) to confirm that the money actually left your account. Please reply to the email you received from Avast if your bank says that they did send the money but no refund was returned to your bank/credit card account.