Author Topic: Adblock Extensions Still Available?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline CTWarmbrodt

Adblock Extensions Still Available?
« on: August 18, 2022, 05:33:37 AM »
I just read somewhere about Google Chrome removing its Adblock extensions some time around January 2023. Is the same going to happen with Avast! Secure Browser (assuming it functions the same way as Google Chrome)? I'm currently using Ublock Origin in addition to the Adblock already included in this browser, and I don't want to lose it anytime soon.

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
    • Avast Secure Browser
Re: Adblock Extensions Still Available?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 11:04:26 AM »
Hi,

we are working on a new version of our integrated Adblock so it will be even better than before. We don't plan to remove it anytime soon :) However it's possible that Google will do what you said and for this reason we won't be able to support the Chrome store Adblock extensions.

Please could you write me what do you miss in our built in Adblock? I guess it does not block all ads - this is going to be improved... Anything else? Thank you!

Ondrej

Offline CTWarmbrodt

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 04:26:21 PM »
I'm not sure if there's anything I've "missed" in your built-in Adblock, but I actually had to add uBlock origin to it because it blocks all YouTube ads, so that I'd be able to watch YouTube videos without any interruptions. If there's a way you can upgrade your built-in Adblock to do that, it'd be very much appreciated.

Offline Ekaterina Bayushkina

• Avast Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
  • Avast Browser QA Team
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 02:14:54 PM »
I'm not sure if there's anything I've "missed" in your built-in Adblock, but I actually had to add uBlock origin to it because it blocks all YouTube ads, so that I'd be able to watch YouTube videos without any interruptions. If there's a way you can upgrade your built-in Adblock to do that, it'd be very much appreciated.
CTWarmbrodt, thank you for your feedback! We are working on adding good filters for Youtube right now, so in future generations we will have proper blocking for YT either!
Avast Browser QA Team