Author Topic: SOLVED: Avast isn't installing properly. KURUPIRA WAS THE PROBLEM.  (Read 698 times)

Offline Francisco Joaquín

Hi,

I've come across an issue with Avast Free: As my virus definitions weren't installing properly I looked up possible solutions and among the first options was doing a clean installation. I uninstalled Avast Antivirus and resetted my computer afterwards. When I tried to install the antivirus I noticed that upon installation completion no popups had appeared and the program hadn't began running. I tried to install again and the installer told me to connect to internet (I was connected already). Then I checked again at my installed programs and Avast was listed but with no Icon.
I've tried uninstalling and installing again, repairing this failed installation, etc and nothing seems to work. I'll attach the repair register to this post.
BTW I have Kurupira installed (an adult content blocker for internet), could this be interfering in some way?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 01:54:05 AM by Francisco Joaquín »

Offline Francisco Joaquín

Re: Avast isn't installing properly.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 01:53:18 AM »
Well, for anyone facing the same trouble, I forcefully uninstalled kurupira, resetted my computer and I was finally able to get Avast working again with a clean install.
No matter what don't use kurupira on a computer unless you don't plan to use Internet.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: SOLVED: Avast isn't installing properly. KURUPIRA WAS THE PROBLEM.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 09:01:22 AM »
Thanks for the feedback on Kurupira (had never heard of this before now), happy that you have now resolved the problem.

In a way as this is sort of a security based software, it could well conflict with other security based software on your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security